Posts by Liquid Len

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a really cool one.

Puddy re Koko in the dealership episode - "That monkey's okay."

Of all the girlfriends, the cleaner in the aforementioned T-bone episode - oh, man....

haha. Puddy: I don’t know too many monkeys who can take apart a fuel injector.

Walking through Walls is an interesting song. All the sounds effects toward the end of the song are amusing. I especially like the sound of what sounds like someone stepping on potato chips. I just picture Steve and his crew sitting around being like, what sound effects can we put through this song that would give the image of someone walking through a wall. Haha.

I just love the voices throughout the song. I agree i find fascinating, the different fans’ perspectives on the same music. I try not to take the music too seriously. There is little that offends me; I appreciate and am always interested in everyone’s differing points of view.

I haven't been around here much lately but have enjoyed catching up on some threads and reading about the absolute peak. (including the argument on about Steve or Tony being the most successful.!) Anyway q lot has been said about the TBOEF and the humour in the lyrics. What I want to know is this....... What does the politically and socially advanced 71 year old Peter Gabriel think of the 23 year old Peter Gabriel

singing line "and Harold Demure who's still not quite sure" in the way he did.

He probably thinks it’s genius! No seriously, he probably cringes a little. But I love that voice, one of the best parts of the song.

While I like 151, for some reason it amuses me. And yes it's SH singing, as it is on that whole album. But is it what you'd call a power ballad?! That term always makes me think of stuff like The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush, The Power of Love by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Glory of Love (for a change) by Peter Cetera, Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler... ie, stuff I detest.

One of the daftest lyrics by anyone in the Genesis universe is on that album - "India rubber man, how far can you bend..." :D

Once you go past Til We Have Faces you'll be beyond where I ever got to in his solo career, I lost touch with his albums after that. For me he peaked significantly with Spectral and Defector but I just don't know if any of the post-Faces albums equal or better those.

Maybe power ballad is a little extreme, but Steve has that “power ballad voice” on this album, which is a guilty pleasure of mine. I am enjoying his solo work.

Streaming services and vinyl. It used to be CDs but I moved too many times in too short a space of time, that most of my CDs are in my parents house in another country. Once I signed up to Google music (now YouTube music) it was also hard to turn back. It's too convenient. If I really love an album, or want a bootleg, I'll get the vinyl version and almost never listen to it!

Me too!

I think Highly Strung might be my favorite album overall so far of Steve’s. Cell 151-love it. I love a good 80’s power ballad. I found myself fist pumping and singing to it in the car. Lol. Is that Steve singing on Cell 151? Love the guitars on this particular album.

Hey Guys. So I started really working my way through Steve’s albums. I have never delved into his discography. Man! What a wild experience! It’s awesome! Started with Voyage of the Acolyte, and have made it part way through Defector so far. His music is mystical, melodic, joyful, creepy, and weird in a wonderful way. I’m still not sure what I’m listening to with some of the songs. The Voice of Necam, I feel like clowns are waiting for me in a closet ready to stab me or something. So creepy. But his music is so atmospheric. What’s going on in Carry on Up the Vicarage? Weird voices singing Deck the Halls? And the voice on Narnia, I was like, is that the lead singer of Foreigner? No, it’s the lead singer of Kansas, such a distinctive voice. How Can I is my favorite song so far, love Richie Havens. His music so far is a wild ride. It’s going to take a second listen to absorb it all.

Sorry to be Nancy Nitpicky but I think it's referring to the English Civil War, and the song I think is based on a report of gangland territory disputes rather than "have at you sir" handkerchief-flapping, but yeah it's obviously supposed to be a silly comparison. No argument that there is intentional humour in Genesis songs but for me it's mostly pretty lame, especially post-PG.

oh. Never even occurred to me it was about the English Civil War. Should have picked up on that. My American brain just went to our civil war. Your right that some of the humor is kind of cheesy, post PG. Like “you’ll have no trouble until you catch your breath and the nurse will present you the bill”.