Posts by Adam K

Hello,

Newbie, here, digging up a topic I'm sure you're all done and dusted with, but I was just ripping my Genesis CDs to FLAC and realised I had a strange mix of 1994 and 2008 issues, and couldn't quite remember why. A search on the subject brought me here, so I had a question: Originally, I think the thing was that I became stuck with the idea that the 2006 remixes, especially ATOTT and WAW, pushed Hackett to the back. I think I read this, somewhere, and was sure I heard it myself, especially in "Ripples", where Hackett's sinuous guitar lines sounded fainter in the remixes than I remembered. I'm more than happy to be disavowed of that. I don't seem to have the remixes for all of them, and didn't even realise that there was one for the 1974 Live album, which is my all-time favourite (sorry, Seconds Out fans).. Are they really worth getting? And how does one know? On Amazon, they invariably list the 1994 editions, or at least the images they show are.

Anyway, the basic questions are -- was there actually any skullduggery in the mixing and are they really worth it?

Thanks,