Posts by Mild Mannered Superman

I was at the 9/25/07 MSG show this tour, and it's still one of the best live experiences of my life.

My dad surprised me with front row seats after telling me all week we had the worst seats possible, so that right there was a bonus. The band was on that night. I wasn't really familiar with the PG era at that time so it was the first time I got to experience "Ripples...," "In the Cage," "Firth of Fifth," etc. I also had never seen Phil do the tambourine dance before during "I Know What I Like," and remember thinking how stupefyingly energetic he was; you couldn't tell that this tour was the start of his back and neck problems at the time.

My chubby 16 year old face was shown smiling and singing along on the jumbotron during "Throwing It All Away," a highlight of any concert I've ever been too.

I get people's disappointment with the tour in retrospect, but for me it still stands out as a really solid reunion for the band. I thought they played as well as they could and the set had a nice flow to it that gave decent representation of their history.

I love the standalone "In The Cage" from this tour. The one from the Daryl's Birthday in Japan boot is my favorite version ever - the mix, the ambience and the tempo create an absolutely ferocious atmosphere that captures the dread at the heart of the song. I listen to it when I want to amp my speed while out running.

I've posted two predictions prior, but hell this is fun for me so this is my absolute final prediction going forward:

Drop the badly out of place Spike and you've got a nice set there, in fact with that amendment it's just about the best, not unfeasible least silly suggestion in this thread, for me anyway.

When I was typing that set I felt like I was missing one that seemed like a no-brainer; "No Son of Mine" can go in that spot.

I'm actually not big on BOTRT's being in there (unless they pull a Stones with Mick Taylor and bring Steve out just for it) either, a full "Cinema Show," "Supper," "Musical Box," or "In The Cage" would be there.

"In the Cage" will always make my fantasy set, but I have a gut feeling we won't see it this time around. Listening to the 2007 versions, I don't think I'll miss it.

Don't see them not doing "I Can't Dance" or "Turn It On Again." Also, what a downer ending if that's really the encore. I have a feeling either "That's All" or "Misunderstanding" will return. They're the two biggest hits that fell out of rotation after the band hit it mega with IT.

It won't be 23 songs, but I'm still hoping for this:

1. Dance On A Volcano / The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

2. Behind The Lines

3. Duchess / The Musical Box (outro)

4. Land Of Confusion

5. No Son Of Mine

6. Squonk

7. Abacab

8 Jesus He Knows Me

9. Blood on the Rooftops, In The Cage, or a full Cinema Show or The Musical Box

-- acoustic set --

10. I Can't Dance

11. In Too Deep

12. Follow You, Follow Me

13. Mama

14. Firth of Fifth / I Know What I Like / Supper's Ready (Apocalypse, ASAEIE)

15. Hold on My Heart

16. Throwing It All Away

17. Domino

18. That's All

19. Fading Lights

Encore 1:

20. Misunderstanding

21. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight / Invisible Touch

Encore 2:

22. Carpet Crawlers

23. Turn It On Again