Posts by El drummer

Hi,

I'm quite new here, just subscribed ;)

End of last year, I did the french translation of Rich Macphail's book and had some worries about these two songs. I checked everywhere to find their existence but was unsuccesful. Therefore, having some confidence in Rich's writing, I presumed (and translated) that 'Ghostliners' was never recorded by the band and played only live (by the way, it has also been played in UK in 72, not only in Italy). One reader asked me some explanation about that and I was unable to answer correctly. Then, I asked Steve yesterday and, for your information, here's his quote:

"The first one is a spelling mistake. I was referring to ‘Can-utility and the Coastliners’. Actually, I’m proud of that song, I recorded it with Steven Wilson singing on my Genesis Revisited II album and I have played it live myself! I have no idea what ‘Across the River’ was. It must be another misquote from a tape recording. Very best,

Steve"

Hope it helps ;)

Pascal

P.S. I must admit this interview is a strange one and it was a challenge to translate in a fluid and readable form ;)