Posts by choccy

Sorry to learn that. A regular cold can be debilitating enough. If it's an especially bad one, that's really rough. Keep warm, have hot drinks, keep your protein intake up and rest up. Hope it eases off soon.

Thanks

So basically, you have a few symptoms for a few days then after like 2 days, your energy just goes and your head kills and then after 2 more days the fever and cold etc all come in one big hit.

Also i've seen Covid cases rising alot again and so with that and this new bug plus the winter flu season coming, it's going to be a difficult winter for many it seems.

What was interesting From Darryl, he said that if Genesis had of toured again after the 2007 Tour, then he would have expected they would have had to record a new album, because they couldn't do another show like that again with no new material and it's probably why it didn't happen, along with Phil's issues, Phil was set against it at that point to record an album and tour anyhow.

I still feel, they should have done one more album around 95 / 96 and called it a day.

How much Genesis stuff did Phil do after he left, lots! Songbooks and documentaries and other stuff all around early 2000 era. **

Correction** Phil was singing Genesis songs even on TV specials in 1998, so again another weird way to leave the band and yet carrying on signing the songs etc.

I think Phil made a mistake sadly to not give it another album.

That's easy to say now; at the time, he didn't know it wasn't something that could be solved through treatment. He might've thought he could try that and if it worked, go back on tour in a year or two. I doubt he'd have immediately abandoned live drumming without at least trying a cure.

Where did you hear about the Aus/HK etc tour?

The 2008 tour is well documented in interviews with Darryl & Chester.

They were told to hold the dates & it was actually Darryl who told Tony Smith, that Phil had said he wasn't doing it.

Tony went off & came back and said, yup, we're not doing it.

I think re Phils initial diagnosis & surgery, what they assumed was the cause of his loss of feeling in his hand wasn't what they did surgery on, hence he had multiple different surgeries and that clearly didn't help him sadly, but did highlight he had various issues to deal with.

Tony Smith the manager had booked in 2008 a tour of Australia, South America and Hong Kong I think it was, Darryl and Chester had it all booked up, apparently Tony Smith was the only one who didn't know that Phil had said No to doing it.

Obviously after 2007 USA tour, Phil had all his issues develop but he could have sang, even if he decided not to drum.

The worse thing historically for Phil was just stopping and giving up working, even if he couldn't play drums, he had everything else going for him, writing, producing and singing wise.

For reasons that escape my famously feeble mind when it comes to anything tech I can’t figure out how to upload the link to the statement and put it on here. The normal option to copy the link is not appearing on YouTube (I have managed to copy links to videos and pasted them here in the past). Long story somewhat shorter what’s on YouTube is simply the statement that the band released that I believe by now everyone has probably read somewhere.

It was probably just the press release.

I feel very bad for the band and the fans... Judging from the videos, their performances were getting better and better (They were not bad of course, but this Glasgow performance is very, very good).

Particularly Phil's timing. Really impressive. I think doing music and shows could be his medication...

By the way, He kind of forgot to sing the second verse on Turn It On Again during a few seconds... Funny. The performance is here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb6_LMyJ12g

I feel they were always aiming to finish the UK tour in London strong, building up as they went along before hitting America.

I feel the UK fans are more forgiving than perhaps some of the American markets, I hope it all goes positively over there for everyone.

This tour is a bonus, seeing all four of them again, plus the beginnings of Nic is a great thing to cherish.

I wonder if Phil

WARNING! DON'T READ THIS IF EASILY OFFENDED. I knew friends of Mrs Farmer were at the same show as us . We didn't meet up. Mrs Farmer texted them asking where they were not long before the start. They said waiting for food. We assumed they were on the queue on concourse. They were in a nearby pub . They missed the start because their food was late.

I thought Supper's Ready no?