Posts by Bluedemon25

They're about equal having lived at both. My point that you seem to have missed was Belmont surely is not yet it got a shirt. It was sloppy and crappy whomever was the decision maker for merchandise. If Belmont got one Boston should have. Ditto I'd NYC did. And every venue should have give top tier tickets the proper tour poster not just some.

Well what about a best of your album or MOD location specific. You did post that engineer interview where he said the audio at least would be recorded. True he never promised what would be done with it. But it seems really s&&tty to just tease us with the info they're being recorded at least audio wise, and then just throw it in the black hole that is their archives.

this is tangentially related but I thought possible worth sharing. I saw discussion in the SH music forum on a Bowie thread about his performance at AS festival. More specifically it said there would be a streaming event of it late Sept (22nd IIRC). This info comes by way of a YouTube Bowie at Roundhouse video posted and in the comments the owner clarified the streaming date. Whether it is a portion the whole thing including Genesis or just Bowie as usual info was extremely limited. Let me pass the place I saw this mentioned for Amy interestes to see themselves:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone know what they actually played at Roundhouse VS what was actually recorded? I assume as often not every song for recorded. I remember I think there was a snippet of stagnation audio a band member has turned up but what else do we KNOW or at least suspect was recorded?

I wish the guy would actually for once answer. Every time he appears and says people say x y and z I'm ready and willing and interested to hear from him tell his story but he never seems to anywhere I can see. Just instead repeats frustrations with stated claims others made and disappears to never tell us anything.

I'm glad they were eventually offered but po'd it was such that Boston a major US city got screwed with merch relative to other US stops.

a. No Boston shirt but Belmont NY got one? Wtf?

b. Poster was not available a crappy Abacab poster with teeny tiny "tour edition" as the only change to indicate anything about the tour (poor choice considering Abacab was prominently absent from the setlist) so a 40rh anniversary Abacab poster is a piss poor tour merch.

c. Found someone selling the legit poster offered at I guess some stops but not to Boston at least not for top VIP seats (lame)' on eBay and a day after buying they now offloaded for much cheaper than I paid the posters in fact with shirts it came free

D. The shirts variety sucked relative to last tour . Finally they put out the new shirt which is nice but heaven forbid they had that available at the time of the shows instead of shirts with nothing to do with the tour or 3 variants of the same image.

I love Genesis my all time favorite for decades. But this tour which should have been a huge celebration considering its finality and 50+ years had such laziness with aspects I look so forward to as part of the celebration. It felt like such a bummer. Than to tell us that no filming will be done and no video or audio released. At all. For the last ever tour even though the audio engineer was interviewed and said they'd be taping the shows. Guess they love collecting recorded shows on The Farm but hidden for no one to hear. Really infuriating. Glad I and other fans made recordings to help with the memories of the band is going to be so damned stingy and act like they couldn't give a damn.

There was an alternate recording bon YouTube but now since gone. Anyone no if it exists elsewhere I can see it? Said pulled or some unknown toe company copyright infringement which is odd as video footage like mine of most of the same show hasn't been pulled. Wonder if something in error. I saw it briefly but didn't get to save it not do o see it on the movement torrents. Any tips please post or if desired pm me. Thank you

Well, for me, it was for numerous reasons. One doing it how I did I only watched mostly the beginning and just held steady or not much but best as I could while eyes on the band so I did see most of the performance "properly". I wanted a memory for myself. Glad I did. Memory didn't last as long and felt over so quick. Maybe the untealness of seeing vmy favorite band again after the 14 /15 year wait. Lastly, to give something however nonprofessional back to fans.

Finally I got to contribute.

Hi. I see assorted nice articles linked on the side of the site reminding us of how various Genesis albums have depending on the release date different anniversaries. Some of them have even hit 50, a rather notable anniversary or so I thought. I think, unfortunately I may know the answer to this question I shall pose but rather ask than assume. Genesis, much as I absolutely love them, are infuriating for what appears to me not giving a damn about their body of work at least with respect to releases. I see so many other artists I love, not all gigantic Rolling Stones/Beatles level bands either, putting out Super Deluxe or Anniversary editions of albums. It has been years since the boxes and even longer since the archives.

Has anyone in the past 5-ish years (so sorta recently) asked any band members or authorized representatives, whomever that may be, why they do NOT A THING for their album anniversaries or hell even when the band itself hit 50, whether you count from the first incarnation of Genesis or just when Phil first joined, both are 50+ now?

We know they have or had at The Farm tons of archive live shows. We know they had/have likely some very early stuff that didn't go on the archive boxes. I thought they would have with 50th anniversaries of albums and/or the band PLUS a farewell tour, done well something other than the very half assed greatest hits tour edition. It's bizarre to me relative to other similar sized bands hitting similar milestones, and of course most frustrating.

Just wondering if anyone actually knows an official stance on this rather than guesses or 15 year old comments from the last tour era box sets.

I have now completed uploading all of my footage, for any interested, of the Dec. 15th Boston show. Please find it here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hit a daily upload limit on Youtube. I didn't know there was such nonsense. Since I haven't seen more posted here from others just letting anyone interested know I have more footage for the rest of the show, and probably better as the evening went on because I learned a bit of how to use the phone camera. I will share it as soon as I can upload more again.

Did anyone catch what (presumably rude) thing an audience member said that provoked a reaction in Phil, during the talk he gave right before the acoustic set. I can't make out what the person said. someone pm me if you can as I imagine it's inappropriate to post verbatim on the board.

External Content youtu.be