Posts by ScotsLamb

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Came across the new Tears for Fears single - great stuff

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow thats a great song!

Hairless Heart

The Lamia

Carpet Crawlers

I remember back in 1980 hiring Lamb on cassette from my local library. I had just bought my first vinyl album (Duke) and was keen to hear something else. I must say, at the time I wasn’t impressed. Apart from Carpet, i found it all a bit of a mess.
    Cut forward 40 yrs and now its my favourite album of theirs. Its funny how things go…

I feel very bad for the band and the fans... Judging from the videos, their performances were getting better and better (They were not bad of course, but this Glasgow performance is very, very good).

Particularly Phil's timing. Really impressive. I think doing music and shows could be his medication...

By the way, He kind of forgot to sing the second verse on Turn It On Again during a few seconds... Funny. The performance is here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb6_LMyJ12g

yeah i noticed that as well last night.

Lamb

Duke

Foxtrot

In 1980 i heard Turn it on again on the radio over n over and thought “I like the sound of this Genesis, ill buy this Duke and see what i think”. So begun my life long love of, imo, one of the best Bands on Earth.
    I played Duke to death on my turntable and headed back to my record shop to see what else they had - unfortunately there was only 2 choices : Seconds Out & And then there were Three. Id heard Follow me Follow You and liked that plus the fact Seconds was quite pricey for a 16yr old on £23 a week - so Three it was. Id be lying if i said i didnt love Three, it takes a few listens but you get sucked into these stories.
    I then headed to my library where music tapes were available to hire - amongst the varied collection was Lamb , I didn’t hesitate to take it home and i have to say i was disappointed, apart from Carpet Crawlers everything else seemed just a mess ( hard to believe now).

Anyway for the next few years i would acquire the next studio albums and they were all ok but it wouldn’t be till ‘92 when a work colleague and huge Genesis fan lent me Seconds Out on tape. It was a huge revelation to hear all this Pre-Duke material that i had never heard before and the masterpiece that was “Suppers Ready”.

So needless to say i went back and bought all the earlier material and reignited my love of Genesis like never before.

Ive only seen them 3 times Live. ‘98 Calling all Stations tour, Old Trafford’07 and Glasgow 7-10-21.

Its incredible to think of the journey ive had with the band. Rediscovering The Lamb album and finally realising that its their Masterwork ( to me anyway)

Be good to hear other people’s discovery of the band and the journey they have had with them…