Posts by Sebargio

Do The Neurotic is the sole proof that drumwise, Phil was still at the top of his game in 1986.

Otherwise, since Brand-X was mentionned, I find that Nuclear Burn is just mind blowing. The speed of Phil’s playing is inhuman.

i wasn't sure which was the most suitable thread to post this thought...

i do like domino (the song), but for some reason i can't regard it as a genesis classic. no matter how many times they have played it live, it's not a track that i would include in a genesis compilation that i would do for myself or for some friend whom i would like to introduce to genesis music.

i think they stubbornly played it in every show since 1986 because it works well live and tony loves it, but i'm not sure if it's really a fan favourite.

I agree. I feel the same. That being said, I must add that the really strong and low bass during In The Glow Of The Night is something I have never experienced anywhere else: I tried many home-cinema-subwoofers but none was able to replicate this feeling. The last show I saw in 2007 was in Rome and I remember telling to myself that it was the last time I would experience this sound resouding inside my body. So that was one of the main, if not the main thing I was waiting for in 2022... And it was still here :)

Hello there,

I have a silly question. I’m not a native english speaker and I sometimes have troubles understanding what is being sung or said. In this particular case, on the Secret World Live record, Peter is singing things before « Climbing up on Solsbury Hill ». I never figured out if he was singing real words or just sounds... To my ears, it sounds like « um babybop find another way ». Can someone help me with this, it’s been haunting me for 28 years and I never dared to ask before! :)

Seb

It doesn't! I assume the ID card is easier to get, which makes it less secure than a passport? Sounds like a backward step in these security conscious times..........

It’s not easier to get. It’s exactly the same actualIy...
    I had my ID card renewed 6 months ago and I tried to have a passeport in time for tomorrow (and I won’t have it unfortunately because it takes more than three weeks to be manufactured). Both documents required the same informations. ID photograph from less than 6 months, finger prints, proof that I actually live where I say and so on... It’s just a different document but it is as secured.

And yes, I should have known better. But I don’t travel (last time I left my country was for Genesis, Rome in 2007). I almost never travel because I can’t afford it. That’s why I don’t have a passeport. My wife travels a lot for her work and she’s been in the UK many times over the years with only her ID Card... The rules have changed and that’s on me... I spent a lot of money to say goodbye pour Tony, Phil and Mike. A lot of sacrifices, I barely could afford it. And now I’ll lost all this money but worst of all I won’t see the band...

Hello everyone,

I’m new here but I’ve been a Genesis fan for 30 years.

I can’t go to the show, because, long story short, I don’t have a passeport. When I bought the place, I was told that an ID card was enough to enter UK, but because of Brexit it’s not.

So I have no other choice than trying to sell my ticket. And hopefully, this is the place to do so because I want to avoid scams and I want to sell it to a true Genesis fan. I don’t want to « make money », I’ll sale it at 187.75£ which is the price I paid minus the delivery fee. This is a good seat: Section BK D2 Row A Seats 48. As you can see in the picture attached which is the receipt from ticketmaster.

I was really worried because it wasn’t a e-ticket and I thought the place would be lost. Until this night, when the ticket showed up in the O2 App. I have a « transfer » option available. (I can’t use the sell button because I don’t have a bank account in the UK).

This is the first time I’m selling a ticket so I don’t really know how to do it. I guess that paypal is the best way to do it?

Obviously, I’m devastated to miss the last show of my favourite band :( But I managed to see the show in Paris last week, so, at least I was able to say goodbye to Tony, Phil and Mike.

Thank you for reading me and I hope that I’m in the right forum. Mods, please don’t hesitate to move my thread to the right place. Thank you.

Sebastien