Posts by RaphusDodo

Here you have the playlist from yesterday's show in Krakow. I recorded at least a snippet of each song and a few songs in their entirety. Full songs: Panopticom, Playing For Time, Sledgehammer, Darkness, Love Can Heal, Don't Give Up, Red Rain, What Lies Ahead, Solsbury Hill, In Your Eyes, Biko.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is my favourite song created by the trio. From the first listen I was amazed, the composition, the sound, the drumming, the lyrics (story of snowman and fish is my favourite part). My nickname on this group speaks for itself - this song is in my top 5 of all Genesis songs.

As we know, the Dodo/Lurker suite was also supposed to consist of Naminanu and Submariner (the latter title, some say, was supposed to be an answer to Lurker-Riddle, although I think Tony Banks said he wasn't thinking of any specific answer). There is someone's attempt on YouTube to combine all four pieces into one suite. In my opinion, however, Dodo/Lurker, the two-part version, is the best; the other two parts add little to the whole, and probably even dilute its impact. As for the Lurker part itself - in my opinion it is superb, doing an excellent job as a coda to the whole piece. Then there's the matter of Tony's odd solo in Lurker - I know many people don't like it. For me it's perfect, considering it's lurker's speaking, quite funny.