Posts by panopticom

Best medley: In the Cage-The Cinema Show-The Colony of Slippermen-Afterglow.

It just works so well!

Worst medley: The Old Medley from Mama Tour.

I feel like they weren't convinced as well as they changed it four times if I remember correctly.

Honorable mention: Dance on a Volcano-Drum Duet-Los Endos

Wasn't YOSW something to do with local union rules at the time and their being required to use local musicians, in this case the strings?

Yes. The local musician's union rules specified that you must employ local musicians. That is usually done by having a local support act. Genesis, instead, used a string section.

Phil used strings on "A Groovy Kind of Love" during his Australian dates on the But Seriously tour and on "You Know What I Mean" during the No Jacket Required tour.

I have finished Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix.

Now starting John Dies at the End by David Wong.

Big fan of comedy horror with bits of sci-fi in it, so if you have any recommendations, please send them on!

Oof - what a song. The switch to the fully orchestrated brass/string section for the last chorus really got me.

Probably the most personal song from the album.

Maybe it's because I was listening to her yesterday, but the piano and voice melody reminded me of Tori Amos as soon as the verse kicked in.

Similarities aside, this song is obviously very special for Peter, and you can definitely hear it.

I love the mix, but I would like to hear the other mixes he mentioned in the video. I'd love to hear an orchestral version (maybe some pizzicato lines in place of the piano). The piano solo might also be very good to listen to, it would definitely match the intimate feeling of the song.

Here's Steve talking about the history of the song:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have always liked this song, my favorite off Guitar Noir. It has a great intro, and a fantastic acoustic guitar progression which very slowly build up to the verse starting at minute 4 (!).

Haven't listened to it in a while so that was a good way to start the week! 8)

Similar to Phil Collins - Hang In Long Enough? :/

I could see it more in place of I Don't Wanna Know on NJR, but it does have elements more familiar with But Seriously.

Maybe it's the dynamic change two minutes in to the quieter section and the drum fills that gave me Inside Out vibes.
    Maybe it's the intro "synth brass" sounds on keys that gave me the impression it was supposed to be Phenix Horns material.

One of the direct influences on 2021's I Don't Live Here Anymore was stated as 1980s Genesis, particularly IT. I don't see it myself, but it's a good album, nonetheless. (Though not my favourite.)

I would have said Duke (I Don't Wanna Wait has a lot of Duchess elements in my opinion).

What a fantastic concert.

I did intentionally avoid all the spoilers regarding setlist and tour visuals - it totally paid off. The setlist was reserved for the newly released and unreleased songs. A few well-placed hits and the inclusion of Darkness as opener of the second part was a very pleasant surprise.

Panopticom, I/O, Road to Joym and Four Kinds of Horses work amazingly well in the live setup.

Among the unreleased ones, I really enjoyed This is Home, Olive Tree, and Love Can Heal.

The sound at the 3Arena was way better than expected. I have seen a lot of acts there, and the sound can be atrocious at times. It was my first time sitting in the flat area in this venue (6th row from the stage); stage view and sound were absolutely perfect from there.

Little note: I would have never imagined seeing a fight in the crowd at a PG concert, but well, it happened!

Here are a few pictures from the night!