Posts by federico

Singles to promote i/o

As i/o (the album) is being promoted every month in Spain there are for example several music websites where the news "a new PG song" appears every month.

Which single would you use to promote the album?

i/o, Olive Tree, Road To Joy...¿?

It's clear that PG is using a new way to promote the album that differs from the DISCO + TOUR of many bands.

Hi, from what I have been able to read on the German forum there is a discussion about the price of T-shirts that are boring in design and very expensive.

The ones from redbuble.com have a square design on the front and back. I don't like them.

There is talk that they could have made a design of T-shirts related to the artwork associated with each song ...i.e. give more variety to the designs....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Anchoress is the stage name of Welsh-born multi-instrumentalist, songwriter and author Catherine Anne Davies.

Davies formed the Anchoress in 2013. The Anchoress's debut album Confessions of a Romance Novelist, co-produced by Paul Draper, was released on 15 January 2016

She supported Simple Minds on the UK leg of their Acoustic Tour in May/June 2017

From 2014 until July 2018, Davies performed in Simple Minds, contributing additional guitar, vocals and keyboards.[12][13] She met Jim Kerr, the lead singer and one of the principal songwriters in Simple Minds, when both were in the Dark Flowers, a band assembled to record a 2013 album of songs based on a Sam Shepard book. In 2018, she duetted with Manic Street Preachers on their song "Dylan & Caitlin", released as a single and on their album Resistance is Futile, as well as appearing on the Simple Minds album Walk Between Worlds.[1

In March 2021, Davies released her second album The Art of Losing .

In October 2023 THE ANCHORESS releases their third album, a covers album.

Versions CD Tracklisting:

1 Enjoy The Silence (Depeche Mode)
    2 Bizarre Love Triangle (New Order)
    3 Climbing Up The Walls (Radiohead)
    4 Friday I’m In Love (The Cure)
    5 Pennyroyal Tea (Nirvana)
    6 These Days (Nico)
    7 Martha’s Harbour (All About Eve)
    8 The Tradition (Halsey)
    9 This Is Yesterday (Manic Street Preachers)
    10 Sweetness Follows (R.E.M.)
    11. Bonus Track (CD ONLY) Friday I’m In Love (Acoustic Version)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anchoress_(musician); The Anchoress website

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's true. in all the previous tours except the one with sTing, some of the performances were recorded on dvd (later Blu-Ray).

It would be interesting to see and hear how the songs look like in this format of image and sound.

And the LP/cd should not take much longer, although it is true that as of the full moon in December there would be 13 songs, and I think Tony Levin said they had worked on 16 songs!!! I/o would be out in April 2024?

Personally I hope the cd/LP will be released soon. I think all the i/o songs are already there.

Which ones do you think will be released as a single?

I can't imagine a double cd with both versions Dark & Bright, it would be the same dog with a different collar.

Another question: Will there be a video of any song, and Blue_Ray of any concert of the tour?

What was Peter Gabriel looking for at Womad to listen to i/o? The response on the tour has been very good.

Hi, there has been a lot of talk about merchandising for the PG i/o tour concerts.

Personally the price of the tour program seems expensive if you come from England to Spain, the taxes you have to pay.

The t-shirts in the Real World shop are interesting but there is a lack of large sizes...and with the extra shipping cost from the UK to Spain.

In particular there is a website (redbubble.com) where you can find t-shirts at a good price...

The Simple Truth: A Concert for Kurdish Refugees,a global broadcast in 36 countries raising $15m for the Red Cross’ work with Kurdish refugees after the first Gulf war. Produced in just three weeks and staged in London, Amsterdam, Philadelphia and Sydney.