Posts by federico

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It might be interesting to upload to this forum those songs by Sinead O Connor that we have liked the most throughout her career...not going into her personal, religious, social and political problems.

I just listened to Olive Tree and it's a very enthusiastic song, very joyful. If it wasn't for Pg's voice I would say it's soul music, although this genre has always been present in his music.

Every time a new song comes out I confirm that i/o is a great album.

The "musical" relationship between PETER GABRIEL and SINEAD O CONNOR materialised in the songs of US (1992): Come Talk to Me and Blood of Eden.

In 2018 PETER GABRIEL in union with REAL WORLD released BIG BLUE BALL, where he collaborates in several songs and SINEAD composes and sings "Everything Comes From You"...

Yes, you are right that GED LYNCH appears in the first images of the recording of i/o in Bath (Real World Studios).

I really liked GL's drum and percussion work on UP (2002).

Also, I agree with you that it is a luxury the presence of JOSH SHPAK, who actively participates in the 2023 tour of i/o.

Note that this song doesn't feature Ayanna, Dont-E or Marianne Moore...

Although I am somewhat distant from the proposed topic, a few years ago the book WANDERING KINGS by JOSEPH O CONNOR (brother of Sinnead O Connor) was published in Spain, which came out before in England with the title The Thrill of it All (2014) and which tells us the experiences of a rock band.

Once an artist passes away the live and online record shops are filled with their CD/LP records at very high prices.

Although we can't help it, we do have a say in their music.

Personally I have followed SOC's music first through his collaborations with Peter Gabriel and Afro Celt Sound System. On vinyl I have his first album which I should revisit.

A friend of mine recorded me a few years ago a CD with his collaborations "Collaborations", the second part of which I liked...

Hello, fellow forum members

It seems that we already know something about the new i/o theme: OLIVER TREE.

We have heard it on i/o's European tour.

Rumour has it that SPRINSGTEEN will be back in Europe in 2024; hopefully PETER GABRIEL will also do it and come to Spain, among other countries he hasn't visited.

Let's hope also that in his FULL MOON talk in August he will tell us more about i/o: release date, formats, etc...

We must also remember that in August there is another moon at the end of the month, so in August there will be two i/o songs.

The credits are the same or similar to other i/o tracks.

By the way regarding the Tour Program it is sold out.

For anyone interested in the June 2023 issue of THE STRAD magazine there is an extensive article about AYANNA WITTER-JOHNSON....

Hello, friends of the forum

SImple Minds are a band I've always liked, even if I don't know their early albums. On vinyl I have NEW GOLD DREAM of which there is now a live version and ONCE UPON A TIME (WHICH I HAVE RECOVERED ON CD), STREET FIGHTHING YEARS and REAL LIFE.

They have some excellent compilations; the best of SM, SM 40: The Best Of 1979-2019.

After a few years in which I didn't hear anything of them, nor CRY, etc...I came back to recover them with BIG (HONEST TOWN) MUSIC, WALK BETWEEN WORLDS, DIRECTION OF THE HEARTH and SIMPLE MINDS ACOUSTIC.

Hi, I saw this message posted last night. It's very interesting and it's likely that I/O is coming up or that PG wants to observe the public reaction.

This has been done by STEVE WILSON with his new album....

About the tracks I'm inclined to think of an album with at least 10 tracks...or maybe more? Ten until September...

He might also release more tracks depending on how the new album sells and what reviews he gets....

Will there be a BlueRay of some of his concerts in Europe?