Posts by federico

Personally what I think is that I prefer a CD that is not a double CD with Bright and Dark versions, as I think it would be too heavy.

I'd go for a cd i/o with 12 or 16 songs, which will sound great from what we've heard in their live shows. I think it could be a "good album" in lyrics/music.

As for dates, I don't know what to say. On the one hand September release i/o / October 2023, better than April 2024...

Now I'm thinking about the 2 tracks of i/o that will appear in August!

Hi, I saw SIMPLE MINDS IN 2022.

I came out of the village where I live (Trigueros-Huelva), Andalucia-Spain.

I spent the night in Jerez de la Frontera (TIO PEPE FESTIVAL). They were fantastic, playing songs from their first albums and some songs from DIRECCION OF THE HEART, the live show they were playing.

Personally I have liked many of their albums: BIG TIME, WALK BETWEEN WORLDS and DIRECTION OF THE HEART.

On the other hand, their live ACOUSTIC is quite good; it works as a compilation...

Hello, as I am more fluent in Spanish than in English, which is the language of the forum, I sometimes make mistakes.

For future participations in the forum in this section I will take it into account....

Thanks for the appreciation

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fair From Saints

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Far From Saints

Of course I would like PG to play at Glastonbury 2024. It would be quite an event.

We still don't know their plans for 2024....

It would be a live show with i/o tracks and some US and SO.

Leave the band as it is, with their new additions, it would be fantastic!

And better than all that, to come back to tour Europe in 2024?

Hi, about my favourite Peter Gabriel albums, I have always held his PG III (MELT) album in high esteem, I had it on vinyl and cassette.

SO album on vinyl and it never failed me. I have now bought his version with Live In Athens (1987) on cd.

There is also a live version, which I won in a raffle on the radio (RNE) which was the PLAYS LIVE (NOT THE HIGHLIGHTS).

Us and Up are good but they are not on my list. Personally US is better than UP, although listening to UP tracks at i/o concerts is a pleasant surprise.

And now i/o, I'm liking and I listen to it a lot with my wireless headphones in their live shows in Berlin and Paris. I think it's a great album...

Rhiannon Giddens is a two-time Grammy and PULITZER Award-winning singer/songwriter who ALSO COMPOSES for opera, ballet and film.

Giddens has focused her work on bringing to today's music people who have contributed to the musical history of the United States.

In August he presents his third solo album, YOU'RE THE ONE, where he sets to music songs he has written throughout his career. It is produced by JACK SPLASH who worked with Alicia Keys and Valerie June.

RG says that on "this album there's blues, jazz, cajun, country, gospel and rock; it's all there".

From Lucinda Williams I've been listening to her latest album that just came out and I like it a lot...¡¡Stories From a Rock 'n' Roll Heart...!!!

Another American author/songwriter/songwriter is JOHN MELLENCAMP, of whom I bought a compilation years ago.

I quite liked Strictly A One-Eyed Jack (CD) and have been travelling back in time from its origins to Strictly whose cover has a pirate's face on it.

He has just released Orpheus Descending which follows the line of the last album.

With Lucinda Williams I remember buying her album Cars and wheels...many years ago. A few days ago I found her memoirs in a bookshop and I bought the book. Once I read her autobiography I listened to Car and wheels again and I like it.

Now I would like to listen to ESSENCE and SWEET OLD WORLD (1992)/ WORLD WITHOUT TEARS (2003).

His later albums are barely mentioned in his memoir, which is curious. It seems to me that Car and Wheels is his creative peak...

Hi, I was watching and listening to some BBC specials this morning about the GALSTONBURY 2023 festival and it would be a very good idea for Peter Gabriel to perform some i/o tracks in 2024.

There are songs like i/o, Playing the time, Four Kind Of Horses or So Much that would fit very well there.

Don't you think like me?

By the way, there are still no t-shirts and programmes for the i/o 2023 tour available at REAL WORLD STORE...are they?