Posts by IWishItWouldRainDown

I have the suspicion that in a few years time the general perception regarding the goblins Sheeran and Bieber will be a complete lack of interest at all, only wondering how could these weird performers be considered as hype and promoted so much, not unlike The Spice Girls or Psy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These were the comments I was alluding to:

Tony Banks in 2023: "One of my favorite tracks was On the Shoreline, which I was very keen to have on the album. A lot of people liked it. One of Mike’s children thought it was fantastic, and yet, Mike came back and said he didn’t want it on the album. Phil also didn’t want it. Being a democracy, we didn’t have it on, and we ended up having a couple of pretty weak tracks on there — Way of the World and Since I Lost You could well have not been included. On the Shoreline is a really strong track, and I think it could have been a hit."

I agree with Tony that "On the Shoreline" is a strong track, and that "Since I Lost You" is weaker. I do have a special fondness for "Way of the World," though, and would not have wanted it omitted from the album.

perhaps he's trying to say OTS should have been on the album?

A good track, and yes, should have been on WCD. 11/15....

Yes, what I was saying is that On the Shoreline should have been featured in We Can't Dance. I was answering to the comment of TB quoted by Phil Morris regarding Way of the World (another masterpiece) and Since I Lost You. I was also endorsing to Decomposing Man's defence of Way of the World from Mr Banks' comment while also defending Since I Lost You. To sum up: what I wanted to say is that all the three tracks (On the Shoreline, Since I Lost You and Way of the World) should have been included in We Can't Dance. And whereas two of them made it, I think On the Shoreline must be included.

It was a rare and special moment. Myself and my wife promised ourselves to see him again, unfortunately we never did. I don't often feel that emotional at the passing of people I never met however Steve Harley due to the time I spent watching him in that field at that time is one of them.

Another chance, hello, another goodbye

And so many things we'll never see again

All the days of life that seem so unimportant

They seem to matter now and to count much later on

I agree with Tony that "On the Shoreline" is a strong track, and that "Since I Lost You" is weaker. I do have a special fondness for "Way of the World," though, and would not have wanted it omitted from the album.

Way of the World is another perfect song and it was right to feature Since I Lost You (it is a very strong song, but it's like comparing a giant with two huge monster giants like Way of the World and On the Shoreline) on We Can't Dance. What I wonder why it was not the same for On the Shoreline.

?(

I love this song!!!!

It should have been on We Can't Dance, it could be put either between Living Forever and Hold On My Heart or before Way of the World. It could be even set just before Fading Lights.

On the Shoreline is my favourite Genesis non-studio album song by far.

In fact I like it so much that I played it on my headphones when I sighted land from the Americas on my first transoceanic flight (I'll play it again on my first flight to Australia).

I made great musical discoveries through YouTube. Thus I learnt of the existence of some of my favourite singers and bands (Daryl Braithwaite and Sam Brown, among others). Whenever I find an artist with a song on YouTube that I like very much, I try to buy the CD. But I do not watch YouTube videos of folks watching other folks playing videogames or folks listening a song for the first time, 90% of what I see on YouTube are music videos.

In the way that I may credit more meaning into a certain work of art than it actually and infer more influences on that work from and to other ones than intended. Anyway, I'm 100% certain Madge's cover is based on that of PC's.

I think you are reading far too much into this. Before this topic was started I had never heard of the Madonna album. Does it worry me that it looks slightly similar to FV? No, it does not.

Madge's is a remixed hits album from 2022. The fact that its artwork looks suspiciously from that of another singer without showing any acknowledgement amuses me from time to time but it hasn't keep me awake at night ever.

Phil looks serious, contemplative. You and I must have different definitions of the word 'defiant'. Defiant is saying 'come and get me, I'm fighting back'. Although he no doubt thought that when he was making the album, his face doesn't show that. I'm re-reading his book and all he says is he wanted people to see right into his eyes.

I have the same definition of 'defiant' as yours and yes, for me PC is showing a 'come and get me, I'm fighting back' stance, which does not exclude at all to be also a serious and contemplative one at the same time. What I wanted to say is that both Collins and Madge are gazing the same way.