Posts by dgb1

I've played the album 3ctimes now, the music is great, Beneath The Masts and Miramare are excellent, but I can't get into the new singer at all.

His West End Show-tunes type singing really irritates.

After David passed away, I knew his shoes would be hard to fill, but this guy has single handedly ruined one of my favourite bands.

I'm gutted.

That irritating little bit of vibrato he adds to the end of each phrase makes the album almost unlistenable now.

I put it on half an hour ago and switch it off as soon as the singing came on.

I would say "Greg, what were you thinking?"

But I seem to be in a minority...

Wouldn’t that be good? But sadly I think not. I know his band said it was too hard but they’d be easily capable of learning it but I can’t see him devoting such a chunk of set list time to it. I wouldn’t rule out a little bit of Genesis this time round but I still think it’s highly unlikely and not in keeping with his whole approach since the very early tours. But you never know. If he did do a bit of Genesis I’d expect a rearranged version of something fairly acoustic. However, I think he’s got plenty of his own material to chose from so why risk slipping into any of the pitfalls he has been avoiding all these years by not playing anything Genesis. Let’s hope I’m wrong. Just read that back and it sounds as vague as something Peter himself might mumble….

I fully agree with what you say, it would be a long shot, but as he contemplated it last time then you never know.

Devoting such a chunk of time to that song when he has such a huge catalogue of his own definitely goes against him playing it, but I could believe he would play a part of it or another shorter track, I think he would want to add a Genesis track to his final tour....

David

On previous comments:

Yes, I hope they play Mercy Street, it's one of my all time PG favourites along with San Jacinto and Family Snapshot.

Also, regarding his last tour, Peter himself said they started to rehearse Supper's Ready for that tour , but it was abandoned.

I wonder why?

If this is his final tour (due to his age), is it such a long shot to think they may try it again given how highly he holds this (23 minute) song?

David