Posts by Nanunami

I have a couple of his albums, but not all of them. Sometimes I find this songs rather boring, but there are some quite interesting tracks as well, and I think that most of his stuff is quite accessible and has nice melodies.

It’s quite obvious that a large amount of the fans and the band somehow regret that period a bit, although I don’t know really why. Back in the day when Calling All Stations was released It didn’t seem that obvious - it was more a feeling that people appreciated the band was carrying on and then over time, Genesis themselves ignored the album.

Of course this was more or less a pre-internet period in 1997, at least compared to today.

Speaking of his Musik: I follow what he does and like his last album. And I recommend to give him a chance.

YES! There's no denying, there's still a treasure trove of material out there that fans would surely eat up...Everything you mentioned IWishItWouldRainDown. In particular I'd like the Unedited Lyceum 1980, Wembley '87 and Live and Loose in Paris (with a proper surround sound mix!), but what I'd really like to see is an official release of Phil's No Ticket Required concert, as well as a Both Sides Tour release. Not to mention ALL the ones they HAVE released can/should be released on Blu-Ray! I'm also sure there's several b-sides and demos Phil still hasn't released that could see the light of day (Deep Water Town anyone?)

This might require lots of work, and would be unrealistic-but I also wouldn't mind Dolby Atmos surround mixes of the Genesis and especially Phil's albums-not unlike PG's recent i/o release. Heck, I'd settle for Atlantic 75 LP releases of ALL Genesis and Phil's albums, rather than just a few-or at LEAST remastered versions of the original mixes.

Now that the band and Phil has sold their catalogues, I'm shocked that the record company they sold them to (can't remember which) hasn't jumped on this! It's been what, almost two years now? Maybe more-and not even an announcement of anything, other than a release of BBC Broadcasts, which was already almost a year ago now IIRC.

CONCORD is a music publishing company, not a record company as such.

About Phil's concert films: I do agree - I see no point why they never did new versions of Perkin's Palace. Mo Ticket or even Seriously in Berlin. And of course Trip into the Light.

Regarding Both Sides live - I believe there was an issue. They either only filmed some shows for TV purposes, which is not sufficient enough, or it was recorded on that typical early / mid nineties standard and won't allow transfers for HD releases in an easy way. I think Peter Gabriel releases Secret world live on Blu-ray, but it was an awful lot of work to get that in HD. Not sure, maybe someone remembers more details.

So, this is the new track

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I quite like it, but I have to get used to the production.

thanks for sharing. Billy’s voice seems to be in top shape (but he has also been doing shows for years and years). Great track, hope there will be more ….

VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE: Shadow of the Hierophant

PLEASE DON'T TOUCH: Icarus Ascending
    SPECTRAL MORNINGS: Spectral Mornings

DEFECTOR: The Steppes

CURED: ---

HIGHLY STRUNG: Camino Royale

BAY OF KINGS: ---

TILL WE HAVE FACES: ---

MOMENTUM: ---

GUITAR NOIR: In The Heart Of The City

BLUES WITH A FEELING: Born In Chicago

GENESIS REVISITED I: Los Endos