Posts by Keith1980

I’m kinda glad genesis isn’t doing these reissues of box sets for one album or anything like that. To me that is just a band ripping fans off. All the material they want released is released. An Orange Invisible Touch vinyl is more then enough. Invisible Touch was there biggest selling album and they did something special. my opinion.

I'm definitely one of those who loves box sets and I have a healthy collection of vinyl too. However, I think I and many of those on this forum are in the minority. My understanding is that vinyl sales have levelled off, so it is not a growing market. So any artist/record company has to determine whether putting out a box set will yield sales that they feel are worth it.

My hope is that the new tour, whenever that happens, will provide enough refocused interest in the band so that they do feel it is worth rereleasing box sets and perhaps even unreleased archived material.

it is possible that they would. I just don't think its probable. We might get a compilation or something. A live cd/bluray of the tour. Bit i wouldn't expect much more.

Would be nice tho.

Vinyl is coming back too. Amazon sells vinyl lots of people are starting to buy that again. Walmart sells a limited number of vinyl in its store. Let alone record shops still carry it. So music isn't just stream.

I myself listen to music only digitally. Thru my iPhone. But i also collect the original stuff as well. I want to see the art work lyrics all of that. But i only listen on my iPhone.

The original voice-over bits weren't available when the song was remixed in 2007 so any newer version of the video using the remixed audio won't have the sound effects in the song.

what I'm saying is now on youtube it has the sound effects. So my question is has it been found or fixed or whatever? Whatever is on youtube on the bands official site has it with the effects now.

If the band took one look at the ridiculous prices people are asking for these sets on eBay maybe then they would re issue them?. £500 for 6 SACDs and dvds. People are just demanding to much and after quick profits?. I don’t know if any of Genesis record company ever come on here to gauge feeling or if any members have contact with people who make the release decisions?. Blu-rays Audio and video of all these with the same content would be excellent . I particularly enjoy the re issue interview sections which surely were filmed in HD?.

Well if you go to eBay those are just people selling extra copies and i guess they have the right to ask for what they want for it. I wasn't able to get them when they first came out and bought all 5 in the last 5 years or so. I think the most i paid was over $300 for the Gabriel years. Silly thing is i bought it twice cos the first time was like new and it is. But i finally found one that wasn't open so brand new with stickers and now i got 2 copies lol Some boxes are still available thru Amazon at decent prices.

My biggest pride and joy was finding Peter Gabriels Boxset of his remastered series. I didn't know their was a Box set for it and it turns out the box set was only for radio stations or Promo use of some sort. Its never been opened. The plastic wrap that it came it was tearing a bit at the seems so i put some tape on it to keep it from spreading more The box is blue/purplish color and just says peter Gabriel on one of the sides.

The Archive box sets i got from eBay are brand new and i think i paid a little less when they came out but not much. So i guess what I'm saying is they do bump up the price a bit but i don't think they have been too terrible at least the deals i got. Just keep looking is all i can say.

But to reissue those box sets i think would be silly cos i thought those were limited pressing and inky for the 40th anniversary. Or something to that effect.

If anything a new upgraded box set would be nice if it includes all the original material along with new. And i don't mean one disc lol. Boxes are not cheep.

1. New material (full live shows) ect

2. Packaged better. A full lamb concert like the first archive had. All the videos bsides in their place

3. Better books. I really don't care what some fan or writer thinks of the band i want the bands own words.
    4. From genesis to revelation. Get the rights boys. Geez. Its your music.

5. Jeweled cases for extra discs would be nice not a cardboard sleeve. Im sure thats a battle thats been raging for a couple decades now lol.

If they were to do any reissues I surely hope it would include material that has been discovered over the last decade since the last boxes were put out. I don't see a need to re release happy the man on 12 different collections. Like other bands do. We already have archive 1&2 and then the 5 boxes let alone the r-kive and turn it in again tour and hits collection. Between the first 2 archive boxes and the 5 sacd boxes we have everything. If anything i wish it was all packaged together better. But to do that, it would take a lot of hair pulling on Peters partAnd he dont have much anymore . You know let there be a lamb live the way it was live lol not some silly overdub of a 50 year old Peter pretending to be a 25 year old Peter lol. That horrible to hear anymore lol.

And for the love of God you guys why don't you buy the copy rights publishing rights for from genesis to revelation and let us have what u intended. Find a way to get King or jonjo music outa the picture. Or who ever holds the rights now.

I am probably like most genesis fans when i say. Yes Ray did a good job with Mike and Tony but to hear ray singing Phil Collins songs or Peter Gabriel songs just didn't work for me.

Phil doing songs Peter originally sang was ok with me because Phil does the backing to the originals and Phil was in the band. Ray Wilson was an outsider coming in trying to make it all work and he does a great job on CAS love the album. But to hear his voice doing big Genesis hits that phil sang just didn't go to well with me or even the older stuff with Peter.

To put CAS under the Genesis umbrella is fine with me but it needs to be in a branch like Mike and the Mechanics. The only thing Genesis about it is its Mike and Tony together. What would be interesting is seeing Phil or Peter do work on those songs lol.

But i do give a the album good reviews. I remember back in the AOL days of waiting for my computer to boot up and get an internet connection just to go to the dark Genesis website and looking forward to seeing the new clips of the songs after they announced Ray Wilson. Listening to those short 40 second clips of calling all stations and Congo. Hoping like crazy this was going to work for them. The day the CD came out i got home from school shot up to the music store in a mall Got the cd came home and cranked it before even hearing it lol. I still enjoy it to this day. I even called a local radio station and asked them if they was going to play it and i was told they got a promo and the guy their would make me a copy of it if i gave him a tape. I put together a brand new tape and a nice hand written letter my dad took me over their i doped it off and never got got it in the mail. I was out a cassette and postage. 😞

Has anyone seen the LOC music video on youtube?

I just got done watching it and was shocked amazed and kinda upset that on youtube for free you get the original music video with all the sound effects and talking. On the dvd the Video Show none of that is on it! Anyone know what happened?

i was told back when Video Show was released that they had either lost the original or the master or it was damaged thats why the sound effects were not on the dvd.

But now on youtube for free its all put back together. Im glad to see its back like it was but what happened?

Its been over 20 years since the lamb live came out in archive. I don't follow tech to close i wonder if with todays tech they could restore one if not parts of shows and give us a full live lamb now. Instead of over dubs. If u want to do an over dub just remake the lamb whole. Listening to IT was a miserable experience with that fad out. I wanted to here the thunderous explosion and imagine the strobe going and imagining 2 peters/raels. And that was spat on with that remake lol. Not saying i didn't like the remake but not for a live show and live shows don't fade on a song the song ends the audience goes nuts and then it fades. What a muck up lol.

if you have the actual show. Cam you tell me did peter give the last part of the story or was it just not told that night

hella LA

Our hero named Rael. Start lamb lies down

leads into a chamber with 32 other doors only one of which cam get any of them out. Start back in new york city

then their is a third pat before lillywhite lillith starts. Archive doesnt have it

did he not tell it that night?