Posts by Mark Bataitis

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Looking at the cost, it also counts as a rip off!

I went ahead and pre-ordered it. I don't disparage the cost, it isn't cheap putting these publications together so I fully understand Ellis's need to charge what he does for his books. I obtained his Lamb book when it came out and it's great.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I saw all 3 nights in Philly that tour, 2nd night being the best, 3rd they were a bit off. And opinions differ on Daryl but I was never enamored with his FoF rendition.

External Content www.youtube.com

I just don't think they see an official release of that stuff as being cost effective.

I'm quite sure of that, it most likely isn't even in their minds any longer. The production costs would not be recouped at all through sales, the interest just isn't there. It was 10-15 years ago when first proposed but the idea and people's receptiveness to the notion have long died out. My holy grail out of all that material is, as I've stated previously, W&W tour and album rehearsals. I'd be more than satisfied with just those.

And if you're a diehard fan, you've invariably got most of the classic shows (Lyceum 1980, Montreal 1974, Empire Pool 1975, Wembley Stadium 1987 et al) courtesy of the bootleg community.

Yes, the case can be made for that, I have many as a collector as well as a contributor (my BURP program). HOWEVER, much of what the band retains is NOT out in the public pool such as the tour and album rehearsals, which I personally would be most interested in.

A great show, enjoy:

External Content vimeo.com

A nice show I recorded a few years back, got most of this song:

External Content vimeo.com

Great, I'd love to see your photos. The Duke 'T' sounds great, I had a good shirt at one time I got during the '78 tour but unfortunately it literally dissolved from too much wearing and washing. I wish I'd had the foresight to save it, storing it carefully instead of using it all the time. The back of it had the 'Seconds Out' cover with "Genesis: Touring America" on the back and on the front was a picture of the earth with the Trick of the Tail characters circling it.

My first was 5.20.85 The Spectrum, Philadelphia. Great show and near disaster. While Phil was preparing to do "In the Air Tonight", he hopped up to sit on a speaker just behind his drum kit. As he sat on it, it rocked backwards but fortunately came to rest again. I'll never forget the scared look on Phil's face, if the speaker had continued, he would have fell a good distance onto the stage, seriously injuring himself.

11.19.78 California Theater, San Diego was my first PG. They were sold out but luckily got tickets while hanging around the front entrance, from someone who had an extra. I saw Peter before the show standing by the back stage entrance but didn't want to bother him so I didn't speak to him (he was standing 5 feet in front of me while I was talking to one of his roadies). The show itself wasn't too good, not from Peter's stand point but rather the venue was really unsuited for a concert, to be blunt, it was a dump. Acoustics were horrible, Peter's microphone quit on him a couple of times. All in all, doesn't rank up there among the best shows I've attended. A recording DOES exist, sound quality fair.

Note: A comedian was Peter's warm up that night, he was booed off the stage 10 minutes into his act. Gabriel was angry at that (a roadie came out and said as much: "You have upset Peter Gabriel) and as such, delayed coming out for the amount of time it would have taken for the comic to finish his act.