Posts by thewatcher

1/ Ah. Funny you should mention the chocolate based cuisine, for someone has posted a comment on the YouTube page saying this is the first step of Scotland's space programme, which will terminate in deep frying Mars! Of, and since you're American, please excuse the excess letters in "programme"! ;)

I'm not american I just live here! I am a celt, west of ireland. I haven't integrated as well as I could have - blue is still a colour, water freezes at 0c and your haggis goes down your oesophagus (once you've taken off the aluminium wrapping!).

You're in Scotland? My father was from Dunscore, 9 miles from Dumfries.

I'm on the eastern seaboard of the US at present! Scotland is beautiful though. The people are terrific, even if they do strange things like deep fry chocolate bars (not that I, coming from the land of curry cheese chips, and currently residing in the land of Dunkin Donuts, can talk).

From which I assume you are not a fan of the haggis. At risk of doing that annoying "Ah but you don't know what you're talking about" thing by which you'd rightly be irritated - are you certain you've had decent ones? There is some very inferior stuff out there calling itself 'haggis' when it has no right to.

Since moving to the Black Isle in November I haven't yet had a chance to try the local one but they only had giant ones available, and it's just me having it so I'll hold out for a more sensible-sized one. Even then there's usually leftovers, which means a delicious breakfast of haggis on toast with a fried egg on top.

I have to confess my exposure is limited to a couple of drunken takeouts. Your breakfast sounds like it would be a good cure! Seriously I have no doubt there's high quality stuff out there. No offense intended by my inane comment.

Cheltenham beat Manchester City. The game was stolen. We were leading until then minutes to go then Man C "found" 3 goals. They were illegal goals. Only legal count. Game was stopped for fireworks for six minutes and Cheltenham goals were hidden. Match of day fixed it. The game was stolen. Stop the steal. Were going to court. Cheltenham WILL be in the next round . Any report of Man City win is fake news.

Don't worry, I'm planning on unleashing a Kraken lawsuit on your behalf. Where we go one, we go all.

Looks and sounds great. They have a very vibrant sound, don't know if that's just the production, being out of the saddle so long and being reinvigorated, or having young blood on stage to spice things up. Would LOVE to see one of these shows so much, and I can only hope it comes to pass in the way they plan.

The visuals look terrific too, more exciting and dynamic than any other tour based on the videos of them I've seen. Wouldn't mind backing singers at all, it would be very interesting to see how they would use them to augment the sound, as it's not something I think they've done before.

COME ON THE VACCINE, YOU CAN DO IT!!

I still don’t understand why they have only been released on one occasion, Cds and SACDs get multiple reissues. Sadly doesn’t seem to be the case with these. Would love these to be updated to bluray release or original I don’t mind at all!.

What’s the point In putting all that care and attention and work into one release, if anyone has any ability To re consider reissue would be great if they could look at this again.

I would assume it's purely financial, that anticipated sales wouldn't justify the cost. But, given how much they retail for second hand maybe I'm wrong and there's another reason.

Cobra kai season 3 just finished. First of all, it continues to be absolutely ridiculous how good this show is with no expectations at all. It's hysterical. Johnny is rapidly becoming my favorite character of any show ever.

But also the denouement had a heavy cover of In The Air Tonight that I'd never heard before and made me love the show more.

Yeah, Ireland's in terrible shape. A couple of weeks ago 700 cases was very high and 7k cases was beyond incomprehensible. It exploded so fast. Can only hope the next 2-4 weeks as hospitalizations and deaths follow that scenes reminiscent of Bergamo don't emerge. But it doesn't look good.

Today, I can honestly say I'm ashamed to be an American. God save our way of life. We will never be the same. Acts of homegrown terrorism on our federal government, instigated by the President of the United States. This is treason - attempting to overturn a democratic election that he lost by more than 7 million votes. They used to hang criminals like this for much less. I hope our national Guard and military personnel are able to arrest as many of these people as possible, including Trump and his cabinet who have licked his ass for the past 4 years.

It may be very hard to go back. There are two huge groups of people who "lack a shared reality". Neither side can possibly persuade the other to their way of thinking. The gap in the middle creates the space for today's shameful events (perpetrated by the shameless). I am more and more reminded of the Bill Clinton quote - there is nothing wrong with america that cannot be fixed by what is right with america - which I used to believe, and which I no longer do.

Very depressed sad and desperate right now. My Father in Law and best friend died at the age of 83 on the morning of new years Eve . Robbed of his last few years of life by Covid. Having shielded more or less all year and shielding at home for weeks had to go hospital with a fixable heart problem and caught Covid whilst there. Dead 8 days after he tested positive. Am very angry at world. Hopeless govt and selfish stupid people to blame . It need not be as bad as this. I'm a support worker and have cared for a learning disabled man who had it and four staff went down with it. All survived. Am still negative so will visit Mrs Farmer tomorrow who has been isolating with her vulnerable mum for over a fortnight since her dad went in . I think the neighbours have been gossiping! All we wanted was for us all to survive this. It s bollocks. My parents in their 90s struggling with isolation all year , getting the vaccine on Sunday..One good thing. My mate , my wife's dad has just missed out..

That's desperately sad. I'm very sorry for your loss. There will be brighter days ahead but this is a dark time.

I hope everyone recovers quickly. Our adult daughter has had a tough time getting over it. Her family is having signs and symptoms as well. No smell or taste. Here in the states we have so many deniers.

I think vaccine uptake is going to be the defining conversation of the year. Here in Mass, 50% of first responders in one community said they wouldn't take it, and the chief of police said you couldn't pay him to take it. So the short term strategy is public health measures which are unpopular, unsustainable over any extended period of time and of limited efficacy, and the long term strategy is to immunize more than 70 to 80% of the population. So what happens if 50% say no to the vaccine?

I hope your family make a speedy recovery.