Posts by Wayne

Looking forward to that one for sure, a blu-ray of the box sets would be most welcome. Unlike a lot of groups Genesis don’t seem to release as much of their back catalogue as I guess we all would like - could only dream of a King Crimson approach to re issues. A Steven Wilson remaster program akin to the Yes vinyl box set of the Gabriel years would be something to own.

I would really appreciate it if the band decided to re issue the sacd box sets of a few years back, I missed out on these sets first time around due to not having a player capable of playing the discs. I wonder if it has ever been considered or if they have considered an SACD/Blu ray combination or similar?. I did actually buy the 1970-1975 vinyl set at the time but missed out on the boxes which now as you are aware go for fair quantities of cash on the used market. It would be great if a full discography could be done in a singular box set for the studio material. Does anyone know if a re issue of these sets is in the pipeline perhaps?. Many artists I like seem to go back to the same stuff and re issue it again and again surely these titles demand to be looked at once more.

Thank you both for your very interesting and insightful comments, I have also booked for Steve Hackett @ Scunthorpe and Bradford and The Musical Box at the York Barbican. Likewise, I feel the Hackett shows especially will be possibly having the same postponement?. I don’t understand though why other artists are just moving their concerts back to August or September which does seem a little presumptive that things are going to be back to some normality quickly?.

Good evening, I’m a new member Of the forum and this is my first post, I’ve been a fan of Genesis for 40 years now since I was a teenager, can I ask please do you think the tour could be postponed later this year?. I’m thinking that large concerts like these would not be allowed to take place Potentially until a cure for the Coronavirus is found?. It seems unrealistic for the government to allow such events to take place. I’ve booked for Manchester and Leeds. I say this looking at CNN where people seem to be saying concerts won’t be allowed in the USA until 2021 and would guess it would possibly be the same here?.