Posts by Simon1967

still remember buying the album on day of release and listening to several times in a row...Title track and album still remains a favourite of mine . Yes the live version even better with Mike rocking out. Great tour of 82, with tracks from the album...shame none played on recent tours

many moons ago lived near the Tortworth roundabout..and often had a light ale in the Toby...didn't know its musical history back then as was the late 80s and pre Internet....everyday is a learning day!

Do you have any of those artists whose work you always like when you hear it, yet you never investigate them any further let alone buy any of their stuff? For me, Ride are an example of that. Today I heard Peace Sign on the radio, I think it's a new one. And as usual I thought, oh I like this, who is it? Ahhhhh, Ride, of course... Leading no doubt to my not doing anything about it until I hear another one I like and think the exact same thing.

Always been a big fan of Ride, from their early shoegazing stuff to new releases. Good live act as well...Twisterella still a great song which takes me back to some late indie nights in London

Indeed sad to hear of Walinger passing...saw him play live with Waterboys and his own World Party. Very talented songwriter with a social conscience...

Guy Garvey as ever reliable for a Genesis airing. On his Christmas show on BBC 6Music today he played songs with a seasonal/wintry feel, one of them being Snowbound which he announced as a family favourite and indeed dedicated to his family.

I've never much liked it and always felt it was too firmly in the twee/soppy category, the end of the Genesis spectrum I like least. As such I haven't listened to it for about 40 years. But I quite enjoyed hearing it today, mainly for the music and vocal - very much not the words.

A mere 45 years on I'm starting to fully appreciate how well PC's voice was developing at that time.

Agreed..imho phil,s best vocals around this time...its yourself and don't make waves are 2 fine examples..

It's hardly a strange thing to mention he was in Genesis no matter how long the interval? If Paul McCartney releases something, he's always going to be the "ex-Beatle". I don't see how it is in any way controversial, or that it diminishes the current release in any way.

Nothing controversial at all...just a bit of fun i have, as PG and Genesis will always be intwined together ...its how quick in any PG article, the reference can be made 😄

have been reading several newspaper reviews of album, all very positive...for each review the game is to see if no mention of PG having once been in Genesis is made.

So far, all reviews have included this age old bit of musical history 😄

not really thought about it before...Dance a great opener on Trick, maybe Squonk might have worked as well....Deep in Motherlode might have worked on AT3 ...as thought was a great show opener for the 80 tour..

haven't even bothered to listen, because i suspect i know what will be like...similar to the last few releases, fairly forgettable

I was thinking about how when he played like in the early 80s, all solo stuff..maybe Horizons...and was a great show. Now playing lots of Genesis stuff with the odd solo track and hardly bothered to play recent stuff ..funny how careers can change, but helps to pay the bills

ha ha. That was my first thought...looking forward to the new' Nightingale meets a Fox and a Lamb on the way to a Cinema Show ' tour...🤣

Mike Rutherford being interviewed on Sky whilst playing golf at Dunhill tournament in Scotland 🤣...he did mention was playing a low key show on the final evening with Tom Chaplin from Keane..