Posts by Simon1967

aged 14 at hammersmith 1982. In the days of sending off a postal order for a ticket and then would wait weeks to see if got anything 😄. ..well yes did get tickets..probably about 8 rows back. Remember seeing the stage set up...no curtains hiding everything...and the 2 drum kits seemed to fill the stage. In the days before you knew the setlists being available i remember Phil saying that as he had been touring for 10 years to celebrate...suppers ready!..at the time i couldn't have asked for anything more...good times

i enjoy match of the day...as always reminds me of going to football matches in the 70's and is very tongue in cheek

Inside and out...good track and good enough to make the tour

Spot the Pigeon is probably one of my least played songs...say no more 😔

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hydra doing Entangled...this one been around for a while. A bit of a heavier version than original, once it kicks in

the Lyceum recording of Duchess is probably one of the most viewed songs on YouTube for me. Love the atmosphere and the green lighting

Have already wondered if Phil is actually doing anything with the drum machine or is all pre programmed?...it sounds almost faultless but as a drummer he should know what he is doing!

the intro to Duchess is one of my most favourite genesis musical moments...love the way it builds with the use of drum machines and then goes into the story

Always thought sadly underplayed live ...only seen it once...maybe this time round!

first show was Hammersmith 1982..and then each tour after that. Was thinking about the 2007 gig at Twickenham. Had treated myself for my 40th to some premier tickets and was in about 10 th row. Was sitting next to 2 couples who barely got involved...may have been on a corporate freebie!

When ITC was played there was a women a few rows in front..probably aged around 50..she was on her feet belting every word out. Was great to watch and I spent most of the song watching her rather than the band!..not being sexist but don't see too many girls going mental over the old stuff..so was great to see 😊

was thinking how unusual it is for a band not play all or part of one of their major songs..ie SR. Most fans who have bought more than the last few albums would probably put it in their top 3 tracks.

Appreciate the length of song has some reason for this but always thought that any medley could start and end with the opening and closing section of the song and would work as bookends

Would be even more apt just for the line...' its it's good to see you again...'

Have to say Duke is one of my favourites...always seems to have a positive vibe and a great summer listening album. The intro to Duchess is for me one of the highlights....and the live version was great as seen in the Lyceum shows. I know it is one of TB favourites and will hopefully see it making it come back on the new tour

maybe doing something like Rush did on last tour would be cool...start at the latest album and work backwards playing 1-2 songs from each album?

Would be a treat..now i have to start thinking about which tracks which work..in a 2 and half hour set!