Posts by Mozo

Great effort! I feel for you regarding the non-album stuff as you went to the exact sources - but didn't get the right songs. Dammit! So I'm going to give you those and reveal it was Pigeons and Vancouver. Also partly to shorten the tedium for everyone else not as (bafflingly but pleasingly) committed as you.

Further clues (don't go all Mrs Doyle on me now) - side 1 of Trick, disc 2 of Lamb, stay on side 1 of Abacab.

This is the most fun I've had in months. That's lockdown for you.

I'll be back to fill the gaps...

Right

SEBTP - firth of fifth

Lamb - back in nyc

TRICK - ripples

ATTWT - deep in the motherlode

abacab - abacab, keep it dark

WCD no son - we know...

Non album - inside and out, the day the lights went out

Ive gone route 1 here - no deep cuts, all killer no filler. Except may TDTLWO

Im determined to get some of these. Dont ask me why!

Right. I'm game...

(it's a quiet day...)

SEBTP - more fool me

Lamb - lamia

TRICK - trick of the tail

ATTWT - say its alright joe

abacab - me and sarah jane, dodo

WCD no son - I know this is right!

Non album - on the shoreline, evidence of autumn

That might work for singing it, but poor Tony would have the task of relearning that solo in a new key 😳 Not that he hasn't done it before on In The Cage for example, but that could be a heavier lift.

Im no professional musician, but I presume they could transpose his keyboard on the fly, so he could play it in the same key, but it would sound a semitone or two lower

This may sound daft to a lot of people, but I strongly associate Christmas with Genesis, and vice versa. I listen to even more Genesis than usual at this time of year.

"Why", I hear that person at the back ask?

Because my first Genesis gig was December 23rd 1981, at the NEC. I wasn't a massive fan at the time, but I fancied it, after getting into Foxtrot.

I thought I'd better do some revision so I listened to whatever Genesis I had at the time, which was basically just Foxtrot :D

I also bought Abacab and The Lamb (on the same day) and listened to them constantly in December. They're both now effectively Christmas albums to me...8o:D

Anyone else find Genesis festive at this time of year? Was anyone else at the NEC? Do you remember the balloons and Christmas hats we all got?

I was five at the time. I remember thinking that it was a definite improvement on FGTR.

But I also remember thinking that they could probably do with a better drummer.

And then I went back to thinking about Camberwick Green

I meant to say earlier although I don't remember the gigs I have been to in as much detail as would like I remember the Musical Box very well. I remember PG emerging during the musical break to sing the closing section in his old man mask. He walked very very very slowly towards the microphone as he was getting closer I was thinking he had mistimed it and would never there without a quick hop but he spot on and final slow step and immediate singing so slow and right on cue, really dramatic. ( If they do ever do reunion no mask will required now of course)

And the entire audience would also be in Old Man cosplay...

Is this where I bore everyone again with my recollections of the reunion in 82?

There is a recent thread on the reunion, but suffice it to say, it is a very special memory.

After a whole evening of classics, to see Peter perform Supper's Ready was something I'll never forget. The roar when he announced "Supper's Ready" after a typically mysterious story, was HUGE!

I feel very luck to have been there.

I'm guessing it's their most impressive piece, and it certainly packs a punch. I suppose it's hard to argue against the idea that it's their crowning glory.

But...it's not my favourite by any means. In terms of emotional impact on me, it doesn't get close to WOTS, Cinema Show, FOF, EEOM etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. And Apocalypse is wonderful, but as someone above said, there's some stuff I like better