Posts by MoonlitKnight

Just an aside: the When in Rome concert vid was broadcast on Maryland Public Television last Friday night. When they went back to the studio for the “Time to raise money for public television” break they scrolled the setlist for When in Rome (pitching “Contribute $20 per month and get the concert vid”) and I was pleasantly surprised to note they included Stagnation as having been in the set. Someone at public television really knows their Genesis!

For Invisible Touch (admittedly my least favorite Genesis album):

Side One:

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

Invisible Touch

Land of Confusion

The Brazilian

Side Two:

Feeding the Fire

Domino I & II

Throwing It All Away

Do the Neurotic

I'm halfway between your take and Liquid Len's. Sides 1&2 are amazing. I like a lot about 3, particularly Anyway and Lamia, but also Lily-white Lilith. For me, it runs out of gas at Silent Sorrow. Was never gone on Slippermen, and it just seems to lose some of the energy and creativity after that. Is there any truth that Silent Sorrow was an interlude to facilitate costume changes?

Anyway the material from Silent Sorrow onward is what drops the album down a little for me. It's still great, and the effect is not as dramatic as the effect BoEF has on SEBTP.

I always wondered if Silent Sorrow was a product of the "Enosiffication" mentioned in the liner notes until Tony Banks shot down that notion in an interview several years ago. I may be in the minority in that I find sides 3 and 4 of the Lamb to be just about as interesting and enjoyable as sides 1 and 2 (except for The Waiting Room, which I admit I only really "got" way back in the day when I occasionally ingested certain substances that caused the walls to shift and change colors). Lily White Lilith, Anyway, The Lamia, The Colony, The Light, Riding the Scree and In the Rapids are all favorites of mine.

I have not had a chance to watch the full thing yet, but about a week ago someone posted this video of a full Mirrors Tour concert on Youtube.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A full concert video of the Mirrors Tour!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.