Posts by MoonlitKnight

It's the opener of disc 6 of my compilation. As a live opener probably unlikely but it'd be a bold and interesting move. I'd like it.

I always thought TTT would be a great opening song, but only if they played the entire album version. Unfortunately, like the piano intro to Firth of Fifth, parts of the keyboard solo in Cinema Show, and the vocal intro to Carpet Crawlers, I think that the full version of Tonight,Tonight, Tonight is permanently out of the band’s repertoire.

I got my tickets yesterday for the show in DC. Since then I’ve received 3 emails advertising that tickets are still available. Just for the hell of it I clicked on the link I received in an email this morning and all that was listed were various “VIP” packages for ridiculous prices. It will be interesting to see what TicketMaster shows tomorrow for pricing when general sales start. I have to say this all so “Un-Genesis.” Say what you will about them going pop in the 80s but I never felt like they were greedy about it. A good example being they are not one of these acts that keeps a bunch of lawyers around to constantly check YouTube for “unofficial” uploads (e.g. Eagles; Neil Young). To be clear, I don’t blame Genesis or their management for this ticket gouging. It’s not their style. It’s just a shame that hardworking, true-blue fans get put through this crap by TicketMaster.

At least you still have the tie. 38 years ago while I was still living at home I got to go backstage and meet Phil in Washington, DC during the HIMBG tour in early 1983. While there I got his autograph. A few months later my mom was cleaning out my bedroom and found this scrap of paper with a scribbled name on it. Of course not knowing what it was she promptly tossed it in the trash bin.

Some of these statements by various band members don’t seem to add up. Nic says 25 songs made the set which would suggest a longish concert in terms of length, while Mike says he wants the show kept to 2 hours. Meanwhile Tony says given that fans want to hear certain songs (“the hits”) some “old dogs won’t be running.” To me this suggests a setlist that is heavy on shorter “new” songs and light on the classic stuff. Hope I’m wrong.

Had a bit of a frustrating experience with buying tix for the show in DC. When I signed in it showed I was 2nd in line. Money’s kinda tight so I chose the least expensive tix in the upper bowl—smack dab in the middle of the far side of the arena from the stage. The tix were $75 a piece (not as bad as I thought they’d be). I entered all my payment info and got the “please wait while we process your order” type of message. After 10 minutes I was kicked off because I had “timed out.” Went back in and almost everything in that part of the arena was gone. Found two side by side but got a message that the seats weren’t side by side (which wasn’t true) and my order couldn’t be completed. Found 2 farther down in that section for twice as much ($150 a piece) and had no trouble purchasing those. Really looking forward to the concert but I gotta say I’m royally p*ssed at Ticketmaster right now.

I registered for the pre-sale for the show in Washington, DC on November 18th. Getting to see these guys again makes my year! I’ve converted my girlfriend into a freak for old-school Genesis. Before she met me her knowledge of Genesis was limited to Throwing it all Away and Invisible Touch. Now she’s totally geared to hear Supper’s Ready live in November. I haven’t had the heart to tell her it probably ain’t happening.

If they play Apocalypse in 9/8 it will make my year. But given Phil’s issues back in 1986 with belting out the higher parts (“blowin’” and “lyrics”) I’m kinda doubting it, unless they go all instrumental with it and skip the entire vocal section (is that a literal musical example of sacrilege?)

As someone mentioned before as soon as I saw the red eyes the first thing I thought of was “Squonk,” although given that the character in the song is described as shy and retiring I’m not sure it fits. Still, I’d take it in a heartbeat if they play it! Still (im)patiently waiting for a US leg to be announced . . .

As an American I just want to say how refreshing it is to come to this board and hear rational people talk in a sensible manner on the virus. I’m fed up with all these damn Trump-lovers in the US who deny the virus exists and think the whole thing (including the vaccines) are nothing but a giant conspiracy and hoax. I had to switch doctors last summer because the one I had been seeing went off while examining me, ranting about how the whole “virus thing” is overblown and nothing to worry about. If this keeps up my wife and I will be looking to retire in Costa Rica in a few years.

Here on the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland it’s blustery and cold. May have some snow tomorrow. Not that I’m complaining. I’m still like a kid when it comes to snow ⛄️ “They say a snow year’s a good year” :)

—Abacab Tour, 1981, Landover, MD

—Three Side Live Encore Tour, 1982, Columbia, MD *(favorite show!).

—Mama Tour, 1983, Landover, MD

—Invisible Touch Tour, 1987, Landover, MD; and Washington, DC.

—Turn it on Again Tour, 2007, Washington, DC.