24. Linda Ronstadt: Long, Long Time

25. Laura Nyro: Stone Cold Picnic

26. Carol King: You’ve Got a Friend

27. Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams

28. Aretha Franklin: Respect

29. Cyndi Lauper: Time After Time

30. Mary J. Bilge with U2: One

31. Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac): Gold Dust Women

Columbia is B+ audio quality, but it’s got an ultra-cool moment during the break toward the end of A in 9/8 where you can hear someone say to a friend “That’s niiiiice” 😎 Also Phil does his long, off-color Romeo and Juliet introduction to Supper’s Ready, and the crowd is really into it. For the sake of full disclosure, that’s the show I attended on that tour, so I I do have many special memories of that particular concert.

Hi. Yes have this show as well..can probably hear me when SR announced.! Think the saratoga and the Marquee boots are better quality recordings though

The Marquee show still has one of fav heckles of 'don't want to hear it' when Phil introduces MOTC..😆

Ok, a disclaimer before I comment: I’m obsessed with the 1982 tour. It’s by far my favorite. In some ways I agree that the Saratoga and the Marquee boots are better (clarity of vocals). However to me the audience and certain instruments (drums in particular) on the Saratoga boot are too muffled (that tends to happen at times with soundboard recordings). The issue I have with the Marquee boot is more with the band’s performance that night. In my opinion it may be Mike’s worst ever guitar solo at the end of Abacab; Apocalypse in 9/8 is played at a very plodding pace; they messed up the Lamb jazz-rock outro so badly that they bailed on it almost immediately and transitioned to Watcher much sooner than at any other show on that tour. My personal favorite bootlegs from that tour are Shepton Mallet, Hammersmith, Montreal, and Columbia, Maryland.

80-84 was indeed their live peak. No exaggeration to say they were astonishing on stage at that point. The energy they especially brought to the 70s material was thrilling. I too am happy to have seen them 3 times during that phase, like you including 82 and got to experience that final full-length Supper's Ready in its full glory - and it was glorious.

As for the acid reflux, oh mate that's rough.

I listen to some show or another from the 82 tour several times a week. Guess you can say I’m OCD about that tour lol. I listened to Shepton Mallet a couple of days ago and was BLOWN AWAY by their performance of Supper’s Ready at that gig. Absolutely magnificent.

I feel for the 30 year old Genesis fan in the thread 😀.

I'm 41.

Older dudes and dudettes: the younger guys and gals who discover this magical band will never ever get to experience them in their prime. Give them what they come here seeking, please.

61 here (and I have the acid reflux to prove it—damn affliction woke me up 3 times last night). Lucky enough to have seen the band on their 1982 tour when they were at their absolute peak as a tight and powerful band.

All spot on, but the last paragraph is unnecessarily harsh.

Funny thing is I got to go backstage and meet Phil before the show in Washington, DC on his first tour. My friend who was a radio DJ asked him about Brand X, and he said “I think Brand X is in the rear view mirror for me.” Needless to say we were very pleasantly surprised when he and his band played And So to F for the encore that night!

Another Green World and Before and After Science are both fantastic albums. My favorite songs are The Big Ship from AGW and Julie With from BAAS.

I was born in 1961. Recently on Spotify I put together a playlist of many of my favorite non-Genesis songs. It’s two hours long and every song is from the 60s and early 70s. Frankly I was surprised that all the songs came from that period. After listening to the list (it’s 2 hours long) it struck me that what many of the songs had in common were superior arrangements and melodies. The use of strings and horns during that period was outstanding.

Arlo Guthrie: City of New Orleans

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Lamb Studio Tapes

Montreal 1982 from the Encore Tour. Fantastic versions of Abacab, Supper’s Ready, and The Lamb/Watcher.

Evidence that Genesis truly considers Philly to be a “rock-n-roll” town :) Hopefully TGS will take note of this gem Genesis played as the final encore at the show in Philly in 1980.