Posts by Trick of the Wuthering

Do you have a link to this video? Is it this one?

or a different one?

Has this interview taken place yet?

I read on Wikipedia recently that 'Former Genesis member Steve Hackett in interviews said "Mama" was his favourite song from the band after his departure, calling it "beautifully haunting".'

There was no source to this, does anyone know if it's true?

To that end, I would be interested in knowing what Steve's favourite Genesis song is from after he left. I know he was a big fan of Mike's Smallcreep's Day and that he watched the band on the Duke Tour and was impressed.

If they play Apocalypse in 9/8 it will make my year. But given Phil’s issues back in 1986 with belting out the higher parts (“blowin’” and “lyrics”) I’m kinda doubting it, unless they go all instrumental with it and skip the entire vocal section (is that a literal musical example of sacrilege?)

Or is this when Gabriel enters the stage and makes his secret cameo?

I think this could be pretty much spot on although I can't see them not playing Throwing it all Away, Turn it on Again or I Dan't Dance. (I really could do without the latter though.)

I do wish Hold on my Heart was replaced by a more underrated gem like Many too Many, for example.

To mix it up a bit, I'd love to see them open with Squonk.

The right and only call with April so close. Incredibly exciting to see some rehearsal footage too.

Sad to see Phil sat down as well as there only being one drumkit. Not discounting the possibility of a second being wheeled on for the encore or something like that though.

Different to see backing singers too.

Daryl and Nic in particular sound great and I'm liking the look of the light show. From the looks of the displays, Domino and Land of Confusion will be certainties but we knew that already.

Who else spotted Mike's double-headed Rickenbacker?

Match of the Day and Pigeons are fine, nothing more nothing less really. However, Inside and Out is a tour de force from the beautiful first half to the rousing second half.

I really think it should have been on W&W, at the expense of All in a Mouse's Night or even Wot Gorilla?

Would Hackett have stayed for another album if Inside and Out was on W&W?