Posts by Joey

I couldn't find where anyone else has mentioned this. The Brazilian was used in a very significant scene in the recent Netflix movie (2020) "Palm Springs" starring Andy Samberg. You can watch the scene in the clip below (although just watching the scene is a little bit of a spoiler).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Which edition is that? I'm guessing the original UK one.

Phil Morris

Yes, it's the original UK edition from 1989.

The only other CD I have had turn bronze like this is Tony's Soundtracks which is inscribed on the disc's center with "Made in UK by PDO." Through online research, I found that it's common for discs manufactured in the UK by PDO between 1988 - 1993 to have this problem. Smallcreep's Day, though, does not say made in UK by PDO.

The funny thing is, Soundtracks turned bronze more than 10 years ago but still plays fine. Even though I have all of Tony's releases, I rationalized buying the recent "Banks Vaults" box set partly as an excuse to have a better copy of Soundtracks.

This thread inspired me to give Smallcreep's Day a long overdue listen. I love the album.

When I pulled out my CD, I was disappointed to find that the 30 year old silver disc is starting to turn light brown/rust colored. I know this probably means it is in the early stages of CD Rot and will eventually stop playing. For now, fortunately, it plays fine. As a back-up --- since a replacement CD isn't available --- I was able to successfully rip the tracks from the CD onto my hard drive as both WAV and FLAC files.

Yet another good reason for Mike to follow Ant's lead and give this album a well deserved re-release with all the frills of Ant's recent Esoteric clamshell releases. Ant seems to be in favor of re-releasing it ...

Looking Back At Mike Rutherford's Smallcreeps Day With Anthony Phillips

Trick Tour, 1976, Starlight Bowl, Burbank, California

W&W Tour, 1977, Los Angeles Forum

And Then There Were 3 Tour, 1978, Los Angeles Forum

Duke Tour, 1980, Long Beach Arena

Three Sides Live Encore Tour, 1982, Los Angeles Forum

Invisible Touch Tour, 1987, Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles

We Can't Dance Tour, 1992, Tacoma Dome, Tacoma Washington

Turn It On Again Tour, 2007, Hollywood Bowl (Final show of the tour)

It's hard to pick a favorite show. Every time they surprised me, thrilled me, left me wanting more.

Hello Collfillins. Your first post is being answered by another first timer.

You are correct. On page 80 of Chapter & Verse Mike says:

"It was Richmond Rugby Club, some kind of bash. Richard Macphail took the three of us into the middle of the rugby pitch and said, 'Ant wants a word', and he told me."