Posts by BassAnd12Man

"Animated photos" isn't the term I'd use, but I think you have the right idea: Each cover features a painting/drawing of the artist instead of an actual photograph!

Thanks. I couldn't think of a term other than "cartoonish" or "animated" lol. For example, the Ant Philipps reference looks more like a drawing than a painting. Hey, I won, who cares lol? Thanks.

Well, that doesn't automatically lead to "hey guys, I will stop by and do a little Firth of fifth solo, okay?"

I never said that. But it does remove travel logistics that were making it virtually impossible for him to show up. And yes, given how well Steve knows (and still plays) the '70s Genesis catalog, it would not require very much for him to sit in on Carpet Crawlers, for example (which he plays on his current tour). Not saying this will happen but again, this is the "last" tour and it would be a shame not to have short guest appearances on the final evening, for example, from key past members. I'm probably dreaming but why not?

OK, I'm really grasping at straws here but is it that these albums feature animated photos of each artist?

Yup, all correct. One of the gigs I played at the SR was at the very end of their season (May) and it must have been 90F+ (32C+) degrees on stage! We all thought we were going to pass out so the SR in the summer is not optimal (lol) - they have no AC but plenty of ghosts (a story for another time). As far as other venues, there are probably a handful that could be explored but a promoter can't book (as you point out) gigs at the last minute given the way seasons work at most venues. Now, TMB might have a "soft hold" on some Keswick dates and these might pop through soon. If not, another timeframe as you suggest. As far as any TMB shows in Quebec, remember that it's easy for them to do one-offs there as they live in Montreal (3 hour drive) and the tax headaches are virtually nil (unlike touring outside of Canada). Again, fingers crossed....

Pure poetry (the last line) lol lol lol.

I also don’t think they would ever skip the Philly area. Like MoonlitKnight said, they did say they would be back for certain on this tour.

So, if they are fixed on doing the Keswick, it will almost certainly be that somewhat unusual pairing that I mentioned above.

I agree that The Tower would be too big to fill. However, there is another option: they could play just across the Delaware River at the Scottish Rite Auditorium in Collingswood, NJ. Steve Hackett regularly plays there when he’s not playing the Keswick (in fact, that is my next concert on April 8th).

The stage seems to be a little bit smaller, but Steve has quite a light show himself and he makes it work, so maybe TMB can do it too? 🤷‍♂️

Still, they seem to love the Keswick. I still think they’ll end up playing there.

Having played the Scottish Rite auditorium several times, it would definitely be amenable to the Musical Box. It's quite a large stage and as you point out, many A-list international acts have played there. It's a hike for me though being in Bucks County! Fingers crossed.....

Further info on prospective Keswick dates…

The Keswick already has shows scheduled on the 11th and 14th of June - so that June 10-16 gap between the Illinois and NYC shows is now trickier to navigate. This might be why the Keswick shows were not announced up front.

A set of shows on the 13th and 14th would have been perfect, but the latter date is now unavailable. So, what seems likely to happen is a somewhat awkward 12th/13th pairing (awkward because it’s a Sunday/Monday pairing). They could also try to schedule the shows after the 19th (which is the finale of this leg of the tour in Tarrytown, NY). So, for those wishing to see this tour at the Keswick, those seem to be the most likely windows.

I guess we’ll find out for sure later this week or next week.

Thanks. It would be really weird for them to skip the Philly area since it's probably their biggest market tin the US. Maybe another venue? I know they did the Tower once many years ago (as did Genesis on the Foxtrot, SEBTP and ATOTT tours), though that one is a beast to fill. We'll see, I suppose....

Just a few points. TMB is a full-time band; that's all they do and that's all they have done since they started in small bars in Quebec in the mid-'90s. As far as rich goes, I know that they pay a hefty licensing fee to Genesis annually but I suspect that they still do quite well financially despite this. For a tribute band to be able to tour internationally, there has to be some serious cash coming in. And the comparison to Australian Pink Floyd and the likes doesn't make sense - TMB's production costs are WAY lower than an outfit like Australian Pink Floyd (just the sheer number of people on stage, the lasers, lighting, etc.).

Philly fans, fear not. Though there is (or at least, was, no show posted in the list), there's a pretty significant gap in June (between the 10th and the 16th) that I am pretty certain will get gobble dup by 2 Keswick Theater dates. Enjoy....

I unfortunately was a bit too young to see the '76 tour (saw the '77 one as my first) but I have a question for those of you who were there. Was there a tour program(me)? I've never seen one. I asked a friend of mine who attended the Ottawa show in April '76 and he has no recollection of seeing one. Then again, he has no recollection of what he did last week lol. Many thanks!

if that happens, we are very happy to praise your post :)

No need Christian :). I enjoy the discussion on these boards. I'm just one of those crazy people who thinks that if this is Genesis' last hurrah (and it absolutely is), then wouldn't it be nice for 2 key past members to make a brief appearance in one song? It's happened with other bands and it's certainly happened with Genesis also, albeit many decades ago. Enjoy the London shows, for those of you lucky enough to attend. There's a lot of bittersweet emotion associated with this tour, way more than 2007 - probably due to Phil's current health and how we're all getting older. Cheers.

I doubt it had something to do with the ongoing Genesis tour. Perhaps he just took a chance for a visit ?

As I said, just fun fodder for discussion :). I did want to address the statements that I saw posted here to the effect that it was impossible since "Steve would be in Canada". That's not quite true, especially for the first Genesis O2 date. Hey, it's nice to have fun, positive thoughts, despite the (probably low) likelihood of them actually reaching fruition. Especially in these times....

Steve's tour starts in Oakville (Toronto) on the 26th. Genesis plays in London on the 24th, 25th and 26th.... That realistically would only leave the 24th open for a special guest appearance (he would have to fly out on the 25th at the latest to be somewhat coherent in Canada the next day). It's therefore not impossible..... OK, you can point the finger at me for starting the discussion lol.

Love White Shadow as well; great tune.

I guess this all comes down to personal taste but I'm one of the very few who prefers his first two solo albums, especially the 2nd. He was really into Springsteen at that time is it's not too surprising that this influence bleeds through a bit, not to mention Roy Bitan being on the 2nd album. I also love Humdrum quite a bit off of the first one in addition to the other favorites mentioned. I never could get into his "world music" direction even though this was probably the pinnacle of his commercial success.

Yeah, I remember the Canadian Music Festival in 1979 in Toronto. It was a one-day event. There were maybe 9 or 10 bands on the bill headlined by a trio of rockers: Aerosmith, Nazareth and Ted Nugent.

Johnny Winter came on before them, and before him it was The Ramones and that was the one act the crowd turned on.

It began with heckling and then people started whipping food and chunks of sod. I, of course, didn't participate in any of that, I was up in the stands as a young observer.

I recall The Ramones stopped playing mid-song very shortly into their set. One of the Ramones walked to the front of the stage, gave the audience the finger and the band walked off.

Funny, I don't remember that one.... I definitely remember (and tried to go) to Canada Jam at Mosport but that was in '78, I think? In fact, I remember reading that this was the largest crowd that Kansas had ever played in front of (over 100,000 people). I remember Triumph and Prism also on the bill? It's a longgggggg time ago.