Posts by Christianjames

I agree about the energy on a show closer

When they did turn it on again in the 80s at wembley. The energy was insane, when they did the medley, and then kicked back into the chorus (goosebumps)

For the encore songs like

Turn it on again, i know what i like,

Abacab followed by i know what I like to end would be pretty amazing.

Love how the crowd sing that melody to that really old song they always throw in (can never remember what its from. Might even be from genesis to revelation)

Im a massive fan of genesis old and new, so theres no pairing of any of them.

Selling is musicially my favourite, i think in a prog sense the pinnacle of what they ever did

Invisible touch is the most uplifting. It really is my go to album when i just want to enjoy good songs (for me the best album of the 80s)

Duke. Its just brilliant isnt it. Kind of mix of those two styles.

Phil on drums aint gonna happen. Lets be thankful his son has phils sound. And is tighter than chester, especially these days👌

So. Im gonna give my realistic (more or less) setlist with some very wishful thinking too of course.

1. Behind the lines intro

2. Into Duchess

3. Abacab

Phil speaks to the audience

#. Man on the corner (favourite of mine, but wont be played, so ignore this as part of the realistic set)

4. Thats all

5. Lamb lies down into musical box into dodo lurker

6. *Domino

7. Drum solo into in that quiet earth

8. Jesus he knows me

9. Invisible touch

10. Turn it on again

11. Dancing in the moonlit night into afterglow

12. Throwing it all Away

13. Carpet Crawlers

Encore

14. Watcher of the skies instrumental into los endos.

15. I know what I like

Ok so i really thought about the dynamic of the set etc..

I feel Mama: phil wont pull off now. Follow you follow me always sounds weak live,

Cant think of a song for 6.

These were ones i put in then took out:

Misunderstanding

Ripples

Tonight tonight tonight (not connected to invisible touch)

Truth is it should probably be No son of mine or land of confusion 🤦‍♂️ I can see why these are such safe songs to throw in.

Hi all

Just joined the forum.

So.... My thoughts.

First of all. I hope we dont get more or less the same set as 2007..

Im sure the guys are well aware it will be a lot of the same fans watching.

Im a fan of everything old and new. Invisible touch is one of my favourite energy lifting albums so i dont have a tainted view of new songs. This is my thought on songs.

I cant dance. Feel this wont work without phil doing the walk.. And i would think phil himself maybe would think the same.

Land of confusion and no son of mine.

For me these 2x have been done to death live and feel like throwaway songs now. Great songs but hoping these are put on the shelf for this one. (wishful thinking)

My choices instead.

No son = jesus he knows me (love the energy and a real highlight on 90s tour)

Land confusion = thats all (such a classic hit and would love to hear that one)

Duchess. Banks has mentioned this as a favourite. Lets hope he put his foot down for this one 😁

Firth of fifth. Again feel this is done to death. Especially not a fan of just playing the solos for the sake of it.

First part of selling england going into another song would be amazing.

I find the opening line so iconic. Shown by the reaction when sting sung it on the pg/sting tour.

Home by the sea (just dont like it, the only one i would say i just dont like. Feel this ads nothing to a genesis set.. Weakest of the long songs)

OPENER

The behind the lines intro was epic from the last tour. Such a good call to open with that. Feel like they will again maybe and i wouldnt be dissapointed.

Turn it on again. Such a strong song, hope they keep it for later in the set or near the end.

Feels a bit throwaway at the beginning

Abacab. Just have a feeling they will throw this one back in 👍

Watcher of the skies. I think this would be hugely appreciated. Maybe the epic intro into something else. I dont think we will get it though..

Hope this comes across as a positive post even though ive mentioned songs id rather not hear (songs i still love by the way)

Generally any surprise or something a bit different will be amazing. Ripples was a nice surprise on the 2007 tour.

Cant wait for the tour and to see who is an amazing young drummer in Nic. What a fresh approach he will bring 👌