Posts by choccy

Can we just pause for a moment and recognise how there is no one else like Phil Collins and his arrangement.

The bridge into the Lamb was beautifully done and having watched the documentary the other day, they show a clip, where Phil brings up the idea and the raw arrangement he thought off.

It was a lovely version of the song and shows Phil is still able to create some of his best work even now.

My old man this morning was saying, that they should still write another album.

Drumming aside, Phils voice I feel wouldn't be good enough sadly, but I hope he will still somehow take some involvement into doing the things he can do should he choose to.

Such an under appreciated talent still to this day.

Re 9/8, actually his most recent interview clarified it up.

When he was asked to drum, he went and learned as many of the songs as possible, including bits like 9/8.

He said he had his favourites and asked the band to include them, but they said no for various reasons. Also, they couldn't do to many instrumentals due to Phil and so, it was never officially practiced by the band, just Nic learning as many of the songs on his own time pre the New York Practice.

Peter is too much of a gentleman to step in at the last second, steal the limelight and detract from the three men who have been Genesis for the vast majority of the band's existence.

Be interesting to know if it was ever officially mooted or even asked though!

Nick said about a week ago, he has not heard anything discussed in his presence about anything being planned and he didn't think it would happen.

I managed to get get a few up close pics of the production isle and the stage production area last night, as well as the stage, drum kit, Tony's keyboards and Phil's chair before the show started.

Walked around the arena and got some signage outside and also the the various VIP signs and merchandise bits inside for my pic collection.

I decided not to spend £15 on the programme, as I still have my paper ticket fully intact as a souvenir

One thought I had about Tony, was he is letting his hair grow.

Seemed to be taken on it's own thing last night lol

This! I couldn't believe how powerful and raw the sound was when I saw them in December. It was aggressive in a way I don't associate with Genesis. I loved it.

I think Domino was actually the flattest of the set sound wise, at least at the beginning.

Phil just paused on one verse in Domino which was funny, lost his way a bit and came back In later.

I recorded full version of Mama. Second Home by the Sea & the End from TTT onwards.

Rest, just did little bits on most but not all, as wanted to savour the experience.

Also have bad flu so I was struggling for energy at times lol

Phil though sounded great and when you watch live, it's totally different experience to some of the videos on you tube.

O2 arena..... £4 for water.... shame on you.