Posts by Blukaos

I can't confirm that. I don't remember exactly what they rehearsed but there was nothing new to me.

But "So Much" appeared on Tony Levin's setlist sheet, see here.

Anyone else maybe can provide better info?

I confirm. I was there during soundcheck in Verona. They've rehearsed loudly in the early afternoon some "Sledgehammer" repetitions without PG. Probably just for checking the PA in the Arena. Then they came back with PG in the late afternoon (I think it was 5 or 5.30 p.m.) and they've rehearsed again without the PA on. So you can't hear very clear because they were using only the sound from their monitors onstage (it was barely audible only staying very close to the stage). At this point they've tried out 2 or 3 times different portions of a new song not in the final setlist, and I'm sure about the song title because the incipit of the chorus is the title of the track repeated twice. It seemed a full band, mid-tempo slightly melancholic track, close to "Live and Let Live" or "Olive Tree" style for the little I can hear. The title of the song is down here to not spoil:

thx. Saw the strange setlist on setlist.fm and couldn't believe it. This just did not seem realistic. Strange people who do things like that :rolleyes:

I'm with you. Maybe I never care about this a lot before, maybe the last real tour connected to a new album was 20/21 years ago (when the "social fever" of commenting everything or constantly sharing fake stuff wasn't our everyday life), but I'm a little disappointing how so-called Peter Gabriel seems so "scandalized" or perplexed or disappointed about the fact he's tour with an eye on the present/future and not on the nostalgia/greatest hits thing: it's what he's done in every tour, and for all of his life/career for me! I was convinced that following him was a sort of loving this way of being by him (innovation, looking forward, be out of every marketing logic, believe in his current projects and promote them...). This "setlist joke" goes in that direction of frustration by "true fans" I can't (under)stand.

Yesterday they rehearsed another completely unknown / new track in Verona. So that could also find its way onto the album. Let’s wait what kind of song this is (and what it’s name is)

Blukaos - have you heard this one during soundcheck?

Christian I confirm. I was there during soundcheck in Verona. They've rehearsed loudly in the early afternoon some "Sledgehammer" repetitions without PG. Probably just for checking the PA in the Arena. Then they came back with PG in the late afternoon (I think it was 5 or 5.30 p.m.) and they've rehearsed again without the PA on. So you can't hear very clear because they were using only the sound from their monitors onstage (it was barely audible only staying very close to the stage). At this point they've tried out 2 or 3 times different portions of a new song not in the final setlist, and I'm sure about the song title because the incipit of the chorus is the title of the track repeated twice. It seemed a full band, mid-tempo slightly melancholic track, close to "Live and Let Live" or "Olive Tree" style for the little I can hear. The title of the song is down here to not spoil:

I wonder what will happen t those tracks

Great question.

Obviously the fact some of these tracks never appeared even on the huge "Float" collection, makes me leave a small hope.

Maybe there's a track which will be the 13th full moon

I say this because I've already seen it appearing somewhere as title on https://genius.com/albums/Peter-gabriel/I-o for example. And they usually have released other titles before the official releasing, usually revealed truth.

But there are other stuff I'm wondering about. For example the track about aging he quotes often in the last years:

Kinda realising what those audiences in the USA felt like when The Lamb tour started without the album being released yet!.

That's the point: save money for the remaster of the remaster of the red limited edition copy in just 50000000 limited copies, and spend them in concert.

Concerts happen only that night, in that moment, with you in that specific mood. That's the non-repicable magic!

In few years there'll be no more opportunities to see genius like Peter, with his courage, his challenging, his need to still experimenting at 73, his treatment of the public as an intelligent public able to perceive the novelty rather than becoming obsessed with what they already know, his way of generating opposite opinions (the secret of real art and the essence for recognizing real art), his proposing so intriguing "projects" (which is a view far bigger than simply put out an album and go on tour doing the greatest hits to please audiences and promoters like a bad copy-paste of what we pretend our idol on a poster has to be).

It's great to be able of living a sort of middle 70's feeling, and not reading it on a book thinking "if only I was of the right age in the right decade...". And it's great to release the feeling could seem the same, but it's always a new unexpected story without repetitions.

I think it's more honest in saying I choose to not go to a concert: feeling happy to not seeing something you will never know how it would really hurt/embrace/surround/shake since you've never been there physically, it's something I personally don't understand.

Sorry if I say this, but I'm starting seeing so many comments around the web of people that just because they've seen in few seconds too many new songs, and not the songs they're familiar, start to judge, make reviews or being happy of not going to this tour. Peter is someone who waits 21 years before releasing a new album. This could mean he has something strong to say. We learnt it since years and with clear high quality evidences (his past tours, albums, ideas, projects, behavior). So, I don't know why after thinking "oh, no I don't know all these songs", it doesn't follow something like "it's not a problem: if he wants to challenge me with this, maybe I could give a chance and then judge".

Just my opinion and approach, obviously. I come in peace ✌️

After the first show of the tour and Peter performing 12 new tracks, I was wandering if we still don't know it, but in truth we have heard the new album performed in full. Apart from speculations and rumors I hear here and there, but without an evidence or confirmation, the views of:

- 20 tracks album

- 12/13 tracks double album with bright and dark mixes (and maybe a standard edition with a selection of all the tracks, each one in the favorite PG mix)

- triple album

are still something uncertain.

But my thoughts are simple: if we have 13 full moons in 2023, and Peter's just performed 12 tracks, we can suggest all the album tracklist are unveiled (and maybe track 13 - we have double full moon in August - is a sort of hidden/ghost/bonus track).

Could I be right?

Here's the probable tracklist at this point (in alphabetical order):

Was anyone who was at tonight's gig able to buy an "Encore Series" CD of tonight's show? I know Peter was one of the last few artistes to sell soundboards of his gigs, but there's nothing on the Real World store (just the old gigs from 2003-2014).

I didn't know if anyone had heard anything?

I was wondering the same. I've always loved the Encore thing. But I think this time he would not do it just because probably they would have already announced somewhere. Let's hope for the next tour legs.

Or maybe there'll surprises for Bandcamp subscribers?

It would be nice to have almost one show with all the new songs!

So we have a long setlist (23 tracks for a Gabriel’s rock show are much more than what I was expecting). But what intrigues me, it’s we have 11 new songs performed (counting obviously Playing For Time/Love Can Heal/White Lies Ahead because they’re all in the new final version that we’ll find on the new album).

And it’s very interesting how “So” it is still so predominant (I didn’t expected this after 3 years of “So” dedicated tours), and “Up” and “Us” equally represented (2 tracks each) and only 2 songs pre-1986. All of this is pure admiration from my point of view: it’s not so common, finding artists with almost 50 years of career, NOT hiding behind the “greatest hits” comfort zone - ignoring the most recent production to please the audience (and the promoters), but taking the risk of performing 50/60% of the concert with the new material in which they believe in, and the rest, selecting not from the “golden age for most” but from their recents album. So glad of this!

News about the weather kn northern Italy are quite … bad. Fingers crossed this show will gonad planned and there’s no rain. It’s open air …

You're quite right. I'll be in Verona and we're checking the wether since days. Sometimes it seems it's going to be a total disaster with "thunder and lighting", yesterday's updated was "no rain", today's weather report says "soft rain from 7 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.". So we're keeping finger crossed. Usually at Arena Verona, concerts take place even with heavy rain (I've been there many times at many terrible raining shows). Promoters have already told the concert will go ahead as planned even with rain (and only cancelled or delayed in case of really dangerous rain/wind which could compromise people/audience security - in this case they say it's something that would be decided at the venue even at last minute).

General situation in Italy now it's a little bit warning: yesterday we had have flooding of rivers, floods, literal storms of rain, wind and hail throughout central Italy, with closed schools, displaced people, and worrying situations of danger and damage to property and people. But it seems those "storms" are not going to kick the Northen Italy as bad as they've done in the past days.

Let's wait and see. With fingers very crossed! (even because it's not so nice taking the heavy rain inside the Arena while you're sit on your wet chair - I speak from experience where I came out tanned to be thrown away, where I had water inside every possible garment 😂)

Depending on quite what you mean by his "last tour", it was in 2011 when Gabriel talked about trying out Supper's Ready "not long ago".

I can’t find the info yet, but I’m 100% sure at a soundcheck in Milano back during the 2 Growing Up Tour 2003 shows filmed for the official dvd (or the year after, for a third date at the same location added to the Still Growing Up), he had a long soundcheck rehearsing both “Make Tomorrow” (closer to the unreleased “Son of OVO” version) and a “modern” re-arranged partial version of “Supper’s Ready”. Both songs obviously were never performed live.

I’m sure of this. During 2003-2004 I clearly remember me asking some closer recording collectors or music-friends to find or share that soundcheck and nobody seemed to have it (or wanting to share).

Maybe someone else could confirm this info.

SETLIST SPOLER UPDATE

After last Tony’s photos from the rehearsals in Krakow, we can add a new song spoiler, since the title and lyrics appears clearly on two different photos of monitors at the mixing desk. We can also understand the new “spoiled track” is probably the opening one of the show since there’s a green bar lighted at the first position on the display setlist. So, here’s the updated 17 track list and “positions” setlist:

AN ALMOST (BIG) SPOILER.... MAYBE...

After collecting all the details from recent IG videos/posts, zooming some Tony Levin's photos and re-watching some Bandcamp Full Moon Videos, I came up with a 16 tracks list: don't know if all of these will be the songs in the final setlist, but it's certain all these 16 tracks in the following list have been rehearsed for the tour (behind every title, I've put the the source from which I got the information):