Posts by Sarahjandi

The Cage medley from the Mama tour will always be my favourite. The whole thing is perfectly played and ITQE especially, is played with real power. I love watching the footage of that concert. The whole band are on fire and Phil's at the top of his game both singing and drumming.

I've not listen to it in over 25 years and I'm not sure I've ever listened to it all the way through. I seem to remember thinking it sounded a bit flat and weak compared to 3SL and the Mama NEC concerts. Maybe I'll give it another listen.

It's a great album and I love watching the "making of Mama" home movie. I can understand how people find the second side a bit weak, but I love it all. I first heard it around 1987, when a friend recorded Mama and Abacab on a tape for me.

Over the years, I've noticed that people tend to hate Illegal Alien, but I like it. I especially like the section with Phil's trumpet playing that leads up to "Con....sideration". I enjoy Phil's singing on it as It suits the theme of the song and it makes me nostalgic for a time when people weren't so uptight and offended by every little thing. It was so obviously being sung tongue in cheek.