Posts by HomeByTheSea

When you look at the dates, it's likely that extra shows will be announced when ticket sales justify that.

Chicago, Montreal, Philadelphia, Columbus, Belmont, Boston and New York City seem obvious

Speaking as a fellow Ohio resident, I think the band would add a second Cleveland show before they would add a second Columbus show. Cleveland has always been a city that supported the band on every tour since they started coming to the US. Columbus is a town the band just started visiting since the WCD tour.

Listened to that entire podcast. It had a few good moments, but overall it was average at best. I would love it if someone did a Genesis podcast similar to the Beatle years radio show. Something very in depth about the band only. I subscribe to Tabletop Genesis, which is a good podcast, but they mix in solo. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm not a fan of everyone's output.

I would be more than happy to see Genesis start their tour in the US! It would be the first time since the WCD tour they started their tour in the US. I guess with the vaccines being utilized, the infection rates for covid could be down enough for concerts to be taking place. Usually November is the start of virus numbers increasing, but we will see. I hope to see them in Cleveland as it's been one of their most consistent stops since 1973!

From We Can't Dance I think they will play No Son Of Mine and I Can't Dance. I think it would be a good opportunity to bring back Fading Lights as it's viewed by many as their "swan song."

Invisible Touch, Domino, and Throwing It All Away have a good chance of making it to the setlist.

I highly doubt Mama will make it because of how demanding the vocals are. I think they could still pull off Home By The Sea/Second Home By The Sea and they will probably put in That's All from the Genesis album.

Abacab is too close to call as is Duke.

I highly doubt the band will do Mama because of the aggressive vocals. I also doubt they will do In Too Deep because Phil had issues hitting the high notes during the last rehearsal for the 2007 tour. That being said, maybe this gives hope to some of the more mellow vocals like Blood On The Rooftops or Undertow, two songs they have never played live. I also wonder if they will try to do something from Abacab since it was left out last time. I'm thinking maybe No Reply At All or Man On The Corner might be rehearsed. This time around there are new possibilities given the new drummer and Phil's changing vocal range.

I'm also cautious about Phil's comment about staying away from songs that spotlight or bring the drumming to the forefront. I think this basically means no songs with double drumming (i.e. Los Endos, Firth Of Fifth?, Second Home By The Sea, etc). Maybe they will come up with a workaround for some of these and switch to single drums? With Phil's voice being in the condition it is, this could open up the possibility of some rare stuff making the list like Blood On The Rooftops or Undertow. Also, I think it's been mentioned elsewhere, but an acoustic section of the show would be nice with things like Lover's Leap from Supper's Ready.

I don't see them doing anything with double drumming or anything songs focusing on the drums (like Phil mentioned in the interview). I also doubt they will attempt any of the stronger vocal songs like Mama. That being said, this alone will limit/narrow down their setlist. I would love to see/hear an acoustic set in the show. This could open up new possibilities for some different songs!

Reports that came in before the announcement about the tour suggest North American tour dates will be coming later. If 2007 is anything to go by, we should get them by July 2020.

I found this on YouTube dubbed together...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I listen to the Wolfgang's Vault version of the Lamb more than Archive 1 just because it has Gabriel's original vocals and no overdubs. I wonder if the band's recording from Archive 1 was from their own recording desk and not Billy Grahams?

I started out in snail mail and then went to torrents and my collection grew to where it sits today. With nothing new on the horizon as far as old recordings newly released, I am just thankful for what I have. Thanks Mark for being one of those who helped contribute to my collection!

I wonder with the resurgence of the band, if perhaps they will reconsider doing something with these. Maybe if interest in the band peaks, they could time it just right. We all know there will be no new material from the band, so this would be a good way to celebrate their long careers!