Posts by BillysNumber

So once again, my favorites have changed again! And this one is really different:

1. Love Can Heal (I didn't really think it was a favorite, but I find that I keep on listening to it over and over-so I was finally honest with myself!

2. Road to Joy (has been a staple since I first heard it. I'd say this is probably my official favorite song on the album)

3. Panopticom (a surprise to be sure...but I think it may be cos since it was released all the way back in January, I've gone a long time without listening to it over the months, so now it's "fresh" once again)

After hearing Live and Let Live during his concert, I have a feeling that one may end up being a solid top 3 contender when it's finally released (likely in November)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this one really has Lovetown vibes to me! And I love Lovetown, so that's a good thing. ;)

It has a very laid back and open feel to it that's unique in songs these days. It isn't too much of one thing, if you know what I mean by that. Kind of a "something for everyone to enjoy" kind of easy-to-listen to feel.

Tony Levin says goodbye ..

https://tonylevin.com/road-dia…ur-us-canada/houston-show

doesn't sound like there's much to expect for 2024 :(

You never know...After all, though he might not be doing a leg immediately after, he might announce something else later on-especially if he has more songs to release over the next several months as has been alluded to...PG technically kinda did two tours for his Up album, if you consider Still Growing Up as one (which I kind of do). But IIRC those two tours were like a year or so apart from each other.

Ultimately I had a great time seeing him in Denver. I was very happy for my daughter, as she got to see him play ALL of her favorites, so that was nice. I personally was kind of bummed cos here after playing both So Much and What Lies Ahead, (which I don't really care much for personally), he skipped The Tower which is one of my favorites and I was hoping to see. Basically that meant that he played MORE new songs that night than old songs. I felt even moreso this way when I saw he played The Tower on two of his remaining three shows on the tour. I guess I'd have hoped to hear just a couple more of his older ones-but all in all, it was a fantastic show and we had a great time!

I hope he does decide to go out again-and if he does, I'll be there-as I wouldn't be surprised if it may be a bit different, similar to how the Still Growing Up tour was different from his first go around. That would be interesting to see.

OMG What a predicament for me!

As I've gotten into vinyl over the last couple years, I plan on getting this in vinyl. BUT there are about 2/3 of the songs where I prefer Bright Side mixes, but there's 3 or 4 where I really prefer the Dark Side mixes! I am NOT buying two vinyl versions of this album. I guess it's time for me to make a decision. If I simply go with "majority," then it looks like I'm getting the Bright Side version...

Although I would LOVE to hear the Inside mixes in 5.1 surround as well...so PERHAPS I may also get the CD/blu-ray release as well, sometime down the road...

Such choices!!

"WHAT A SHOW!!!!"

Indeed, he DID play both So Much and What Lies Ahead last night, as a replacement for And Still! That was a nice surprise. I'm not a huge fan of So Much, but it sounded beautiful live.

My 11 year old daughter had a fantastic time, for this-her first ever concert. Although (as I expected) once we got to about Big Time, she really started losing steam cos it was almost 11pm by that time, after a full day at school LOL!

It was a fantastic night full of incredible performances. Certain songs like Panopticom, i/o and Playing For Time had an energy played live that the recordings don't have! I was amazed that Peter could still jump around on stage and sing as well as he could, at his age! The last time I saw him live was in 2003, and he was every bit JUST as good last night - 20 years later-I would say this experience was actually better, since there was more dramatic and advanced visual technology!

One thing I was slightly disappointed about: since he did both So Much AND What Lies Ahead, that meant that last night PG's setlist was literally MORE new songs than old favorites (12 vs 11). A show where more than half the setlist is new songs (two of which have not been released yet) is a bold move, especially for an artist who has more of his touring days behind, rather than ahead. Not a huge deal I guess, but as a matter of personal preference, just one more old one in there (like The Tower perhaps) would've evened that out. I know the surprise ones were two songs, but those two are much shorter songs, so it would've been about the same amount of time as And Still-just saying ;)

Despite that minor gripe however, it was still an amazing time from the opening note, to the very end where my daughter was right there with me, pumping her fist in the air and singing to the closing section of Biko (with every last bit of energy she had left LOL)!!

Well....I'm glad ya'll in Palm Springs got to see him do The Tower! Sadly, that means it's doubtful I see him do it when I'm there tonight in Denver-it's highly unlikely he'll do a "bonus song" two shows in a row! :(

Still, even that video shows how well the band (and audience) enjoy that song!! Considering how much fun it looks like they're all having, I'm surprised it's not just a regular part of the setlist!

Yeah this is one of those for me where I really don't have a major preference either way-but if I had to choose I would go with the Bright Side mix on this one, as that mix feels abit richer and fuller overall-in a way that I enjoy.

This means that I now have switched-There are more of these songs now where I prefer the Bright Side mix than the Dark Side. I guess I know which version of the album I'll be getting LOL (if they're separated)

1. When did you buy Selling England By The Pound (or have received it as a gift)?

First time: when I was a Freshman in High School, so.....I think, 15? That would've been 1996.

2. How old were you when Selling England was released?

I wasn't born until the year Abacab came out!

3. Was Selling England your first Genesis album? If not, how many Genesis albums did you own before getting Selling??

No. I had Shapes, Invisible Touch, WCD, and most of the live releases by then. It WAS my first Peter Gabriel era album!

4. If you had to rank all Genesis albums, where does Selling England stand?

probably...#5 for me.

5. Which track was your favourite when you bought the album?

The Cinema Show (I bought the album after hearing I know what I Like, Firth of Fifth and Cinema Show on Seconds Out and The Way We Walk - the Longs.)

6. Which track is your favourite today?

Dancing With the Moonlit Knight

7. Which track do you think is the best track on the record despite your own taste?

Firth of Fifth (an undeniable masterpiece, and very representative of Genesis' sound)

8. How many versions of the album have you bought / owned? (Vinyl, CD, Remaster, Cassette, SACD etc)

three: 94 Remaster CD, 2008 "green box" CD version in 5.1 surround, and most recently the 2018 half-speed mastered vinyl reissue.

Yeah I feel that the only part that really seems to work from a visual effects standpoint is switching Washing of the Water with Here Comes the Flood. I feel like since it's just the big moon image, those two are easily interchangeable, but the rest of the show has such a complex effects setup, making it difficult to change.

Still, I think it's fun to have little surprises pop up like that! I'm going to see him in one week, here in Denver-I wonder if he'll surprise us with anything, or keep the same setlist. Either way, I'm super excited!

? There are strings, quite prominently, in the second half of that song. Peter also talks about this in the full moon video.

I'm not referring to the orchestral ensemble notes that are playing later on, but rather the solo strings we clearly hear early on in the live version. IMO that sounds beautiful.

Haven't watched the full moon video yet-I'll check that out.