Posts by Mr.Farmer

Fortunate to have seen them 9 times. Abacab was my first and all the tours since Inc. SOTB and WCD twice. Knebworth and Earls Court. ( For free A compensation ticket)

The story behind that was:

Went to Knebworth. They should've done two shows Sat and Sun but ended up doing one ,all tickets valid for the one show. The place was madly overcrowded. My wife at the time was a wheelchair user. Outside gigs have a platform with a good view about halfway to two thirds back. So we were there nice and early to get a good place on the platform , ( they often ran out of space) which was quite big and we went to the front (got a good spot. ) .We were there quite a while before Genesis started . I mean hours .There were several acts on first. Slowly the platform started to fill. No stewarding. People filled the front area then started to settle behind us . Then people settled behind them . Then it was five or six deep. But no marked areas .Only one ramp to get both on and off. Everyone was close together. More people needed to get on and everyone did their best to make room , squash on. Then we all realised .Loads of people using wheelchairs , all close crowded, jammed . One ramp to get on and off .No way off for us ( well my wife) and loads others . Imagine .There would have needed about 30 people to have moved, got off , down the ramp to make space for my wife . That would have been really hard and needed stewarding . Even then impossible because the whole place was rammed tight. Thousands crowded . No room anyway to get off . No clear route provided . No way to get to a toilet . I managed to get off to the toilets etc but had to climb over people and an almighty squeeze once off the ramp. Ok for me but my wife and others were stuck for about 5 / 6 hours maybe more. We wrote and complained after , and were given tickets to Earls Court later on in the year. I think these days we would've had much more. Anyway we still enjoyed the show.

This is what I wish Genesis would do most of all. Or would have done when they had the chance. Their individual shows were great (which I'm appreciating a lot now with the concerts on YouTube), it's the static nature of them from night to night across a tour that frustrates me. And over time even some sameness from tour to tour. I get it about the lights and video and all but surely they could have a non-preprogrammed section.

One of my favorite tours I saw was the smashing pumpkins twentieth anniversary. Each 'gig' was two concerts played on consecutive nights with totally separate setlists. It meant forty or fifty songs, a totally indulgent plunge into the band's catalog!

Something different would be great though no no no absolutely not for different stuff on different nights. I would guarantee that whatever night I went i would wish to have gone to a different show.

Well the show will be great. Initially I stamped my feet and threw a wobbler because they gave so little time to organise time to get tickets. Advantage touts. And of course the price. I wasn't going to go . Then best mate phones me. He has time. Do I want him to get me a ticket?? Of course I did. It's Genesis for god's sake. It'll be great. A show like no other. Getting excited now. May not happen this year now I know , but it will happen I'm sure.

Particularly enjoying reading some people getting fed up with Genesis not embracing their early past history enough and others getting fed up with Steve doing too much of it. !! I love it all anyway.

I have like most people on the world been so stressed lately.

Genesis site rescuing me . Haven't been here for a while and thoroughly enjoying trawling through the threads and seeing people arguing about set lists tracks , songs, and all sorts of stuff. You have all been making me smile. :)

Good to be normal, if Genesis fanatics count as normal.

Sounds great. Digby ?? What's that? I want to hear it whatever it is