Posts by Mr.Farmer

What is the current lineup?

Steve Howe, Jon Davison ( Vocals), Billy Sherwood ( Bass) , Jay Schellen (Drums) and Geoff Downes.

Apparently Alan White and Chris Squire wanted the band to continue without them. I quite like the idea that a band can continue as an idea as opposed to it's members. It still seems as though it's a proper band with everyone contributing and not just a Steve Howe vehicle.

Yes at Birmingham Symphony hall. Realty enjoyed it. Starship Trooper the highlight, shivers down spine stuff. The singer was very good. Hit all the Jon Anderson notes although sounded a little harsh at times. I don't think anyone can match those silky sooth tones. Still, as I say, a good show.

Yes tomorrow. A band I've never got round to seeing for some reason although I have gotten into them much more in recent years.

I guess going to see Yes as they are is bit like going to see Steve Hackett and calling it Genesis although Yes have become somewhat more of a concept than a band. I can't imagine what they will be like without Jon Anderson, I have no idea what thier singer is like however I'm sure it will be a good show and I'm really looking forward to.it.

I've been a labour voter all my life. This time though I can't see how I can vote for them. They're so close to the Tories it's hard to tell them apart. I think they as group are just slightly more honourable. The promise to step down over beer gate if were they found guilty and Angela Rayner's promise to step down if she is found guilty of dodging tax when she was a care worker , of less than half the amount Boris made us pay for one party during COVID, seems to.me the main difference. The Tories would have steadfastly said let's wait and see as they did, then apologise and carry on as nothing happened as both Boris Johnson , Rishi Sunak and many others actually did. I was keen for Keir Starmer to be leader at the time but he has gone back on every one of his pledges that he made to Labour members and now his vision for for the future is blurred to say the least.

My MP is Labour lap dog as far I can see so she's out. I think I'll go green this time around . We have two green councillors in my ward, but I don't think they'll get in in the constituency. Notice I said slightly more honourable not honourable. It's a low bar.

Yep. Exactly. A vote should always count. There should be a directly elected Head of State.

Apparently we a general election on July 4th . The news channels yesterday spent hours and hours and hours telling me. I turned it off. When I turned it back on again they were still telling me. I woke up this morning to the radio and they told me again. Nothing changed. No new news. Labour and Conservative have told me I have a choice to make, just in case I don't know what a general election is. The presenters are making full use of their college media "how to fill airtime with nothing to say" course.

I have a dodgy bootleg. You hear the audience more than the band. It does bring it all back though.

HOWEVER .... there is a semi official recording of a rehearsal. I've seen in the mainstream record store , HMV in the UK. I think that would be the nearest you could get to a decent recording even it's not the actual event.

Restaurants. Please don't serve food ON a napkin on the plate, such as fish in sauce accompanied by salad, as it creates a soggy wad of paper that has to be extracted from under the food and is completely pointless and utterly stupid.

Thank you.

And please serve food on a plate. Not on a piece of slate or a slab of wood or a basket or a mini bucket. The human worked out how useful plates are several hundred years ago after thousands is years of evolution. Many modern restaurants now seem think a bit of wood or a flat slate with a little bucket for your chips is an improvement. Mrs Farmer always cringes when she is with me and the food arrives on something unhygienic or a table mat and I ask for a plate! Plates work really well. Just the right thing to eat food from.

R.I.P. my Dad. 26.04.24. Maybe not what this forum is for but I'm writing this anyway!

Neil Young once said it's better to burn out than fade away but I'm not so sure. My Dad was 95 and at 62 I'm pretty old lose a first parent and my Dad certainly faded away. My first father in law had some hit records and died after I divorced (28 years ago) in his 50s. He did ok

My second father in law was full of life, had loads of hobbies and was always keen try everything new. He was a big band fan but gave a one day rock tribute band festival a go at age 78 and liked the Led Zep band having never even had heard of them. He died at 83 from COVID not wanting to go.

My Dad had a happy family life married for 71 years kept ballroom dancing into his 90s. His last 3 years in a care home with mum were increasingly crap and he literally faded until he could do no more than nod or shake his head about whether he wanted a cup of tea. He fell asleep yesterday morning and didn't wake up. He said 2 years ago he had a happy and good life full of laughter but had lived too long and wanted to go. He was old fashioned with little interest in new things, didn't want to travel the world. He saw his 4 grandchildren grow up ok and saw this 5 great grandchildren, now between 18 months and and 5. Old age and death is always going to be crap but I think a good and happy first 91 years fading for the last 4 but seeing your family grow, being ready to leave life and knowing you're loved is ok. P.S. I'm a little pissed and just listened to It's Gonna Get Better and Fading Lights. I've been not been around here for while but it made me I think of you all. A little tear but I'm ok. I'm atheist but he will stay in me. He's no longer distressed..it's good . PS. I also got my I/O boxed set today which also made me think of this site.

(See the PG thread)

Got mine today. Belated birthday present. At last. I only really fancied listening to the whole album

Never bothered with the drip feed last year. Saw the show. The songs sounded great. Looking forward to good listen

There's a problem .I'm not happy. LPs are not labeled. 3 CDs. Dark Side , Bright Side and In Sides. In Side blu ray bit it doesn't say what In Side is.I guess it will say when I put it on but should I have to look it up?

A bigger problem. Four LPs . Two sides A+B and two side C+D. I have no idea which is the bright and dark sides and which A+B goes with which which C+D.

A massive book but it looks like info about each track and not about what the contents are. Cand anyone tell me? Piss poor. Maybe it's game where I'm left to work it out.