Posts by Mr.Farmer

Sure it's a con. I've been asked if I have a fan club ID and and an offer from him to send management details so I can purchase from them!! That's not connecting, it's selling . If it really is him would he do that? Maybe I should just send my credit card details direct.

I've just seen reports from 2 years ago about a supermarket in Denmark that won't let shoppers in unless they smile at it. Its entrance is supposedly triggered by recognising a face smiling. All the reactions to this I've seen are positive, saying "I love this!" and "What a great idea!"

If it's real and still going, I think it's bloody terrible. What a stupid system. And I'm not just saying that as someone who, while generally positive and optimistic, has a default scowling expression that has to be torturously coaxed into a smile, although it's partly that.

What's you're problem? With that permanent evil grin on your bright yellow face you would have no problem getting in.

I've already written 100 lines " I must not buy anymore copies of Genesis albums." I only have 2 copies of FGTR and 3 of TLLDOB. 4 of everything else except 5 ATOTTs and 6 Abacabs!

I am a bit of a sucker for these things and actually sucker is probably the right word. I find that I now spend too much time analysing the sound rather than just listening and enjoying with no thoughts of comparisons etc etc. Actually I have So on a 45 speed double album. I don't like it. I don't like having to change it so often and the whole thing is too bright.

Should have posted this last week.after having returned from the wonderful A New Day Festival in Kent UK, which we go to every year. (not to be confused with Newday,) Headline Acts, Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons, (best of the weekend,),Ozric Tentacles and The Zombies. Other highlights ,, Steve Hillage System 7, Slim Chance (Ronnie Lane's old band), Pentangle , Caravan, Eddie and the Hot Rods,(I had no idea they're really good),.Nine Below Zero, Lindisfarne.and Leatherat. There was a highly impressive Czech instrumental prog band called Cuprum and there's always a one off totally different act on a Sunday afternoon and this year it was The Glen Miller UK Band. Perfect for a sunny Sunday. I'm beginning to feel recovered!

Off to A New Day Festival in Kent UK for 3 days . Really looking forward to seeing Slim Chance, Ronnie Lane's old band and System 7. Hillage man. ✌️✌️

&thumbnail=1

Huh. I just read an article a couple.of days ago, praising them a lot too, having never heard of them. I had tucked them away in the "check later" folder in my brain. Seems like quite a coincidence.

Hard to define. Certainly prog. A little Evanescence.

5 members of the band including the Haley Griffiths ( iwas taken aback when I saw her) from Kartanaka on temporary vocals due thier current singer being on maternity leave, and six backing musicians

Whoops. 6 band members.

I'm a happy chappy tonight. Just realised I had some dates mixed up. Thought I wouldn't be to see John Otway and Wild Willy Barret at a local venue in September but it turns out I can go afterall. However it still looks like Wishbone Ash is unavailable . I wonder if I ask them nicely if they'll change the date they're playing.

I have seen the Selling show several times and most of those shows were years ago when YouTube wasn’t really an issue. I also can’t see why YouTube would keep you from going. Live is the real thing and YouTube comes never any close…

Yes I've decided to go. Live is of course totally different, it's just that because of the availability now I've watched and listened to those songs many times as well as Steve Hackett shows. I'm bothered about overexposure of songs that I've heard hundreds of times. I will make a point of not listening to any of it until I see it live in March .

Tempted to go and see an accurate recreation of early Genesis , the first actual Genesis I saw was 1981. The trouble is with the wealth of live recordings available and U TUBE shows I've heard an awful lot of these songs lots of times. I feel the need to avoid them for quite a while for fear of over exposure to them , I really don't want to get tired of hearing them too often. Iqt go but will have avoid hearing any of that stuff between now and then.

I often don't think of posting what I'm actually listening to at the time. My last listen was Rainbow, On Stage, yesterday which I haven't heard probably for about 40 years; my best friend had it. I bought it about 6 months ago and just played it. Thought it worth mentioning here. It's fantastic, much more prog than I remembered. A double album 8 songs two sides of 2 which contain one song each. This is what we want.

IO EARTH in Birmingham. Another fantastic band. Brilliant musicians. I didn't know much about them before the gig. Didn't look like a cheap light show and visuals. 5 members of the band including the Haley Griffiths ( iwas taken aback when I saw her) from Kartanaka on temporary vocals due thier current singer being on maternity leave, and six backing musicians

on strings and brass. Quite a show all for £26.00 to about 200 people which seemed such a shame. There's a lot of moaning and concern about the death of live music right now , (which I'm not sure about myself) but if as there is a case maybe it's simply that not enough people are interested in seeing great shows great musicians , great music for a decent price.

I'm amused that the stadium in Perth is called the Perth Rectangular Stadium. It's pleasingly factual in terms of location and shape. They should've gone further with the Perth Big Rectangular Stadium.

Australians don't mess around with their place names. They call a thing what it is. Someone looked at a great big sandy thing a couple of hundred years and said "let's call it the Great Sandy Desert"