Posts by FeelItComing

I know you're right about both Barre & Anderson. But Don Felder with what now calls itself 'Eagles'? He's better off out of it. What originally happened with his firing was unpleasant, but I took Frey & Henley's side at the time. Now that Frey is no longer with us and Henley still persists with the sham, it tends to confirm Felder's views. Anyway....

Regarding Fleetwood Mac I saw them with Buckingham, and had an entire song which he played directly to me (ironically it was the Stevie Nicks solo song Stand Back). I cherish the memory, bizarre though it was. I have also seen the new lineup with Neil Finn & Mike Campbell and I enjoyed it for what it was worth. They are better with Buckingham.

Rolling Stone does this stuff & then wonders why people laugh at it. I was going to express some astonishment at how low some songs were ranked (never mind Solsbury Hill). When I got to Help! at 447 I realised it was pointless. A Day In The Life only at 24, Stairway To Heaven only at 61. Just one Dire Straits song would have been nice, but there you are.

Having now seen the documentary I can't be objective about it in any way. The buildup was very tense. By the time they got to Mama & I was wondering if Phil could pull it off I was practically in tears (of pride and mixed emotions, not sadness). Mama is supposed to be tense and uncertain, and that's how it was. I liked how Land Of Confusion was even darker than before, but I was less sure about That's All, a song I worship. The biggest surprise for me was that it will be the full version of Domino. By this point Phil was really into it. He will never be who he was, but he can still do it. For those who thought Mike & Tony won't do harmonies, Mike had a mic (!) and I thought the backing singers were fine. It was also weird hearing Nic talk in an American accent. I thought the sound & lighting looked superb. To those of you who are going, just enjoy it.

Personally I'm disappointed at our politics in the World. Nobody has a clue what they're doing anymore.

We vote to get them elected on so called promises only to disappoint us.

Trump likes to make headlines regardless if they are stupid.

But they are stupid. That is the point. It isn't just about making headlines. He had four years and that was all he cared about - how could he improve his 'ratings'? Why not say the most offensive, hateful stuff all the time. That will do it.

Sorry. I said I didn't wish to wade into this so I will stop.

For me, their best song is "The Day Before You Came", atmospheric, superb lyrics that tell you everything about her future by focusing on her past, pop songs don't really come any better.

It's a favourite of mine too.

It's funny, but I had no sense of living without aim

The day before you came....

I don't think Arrival sounds like Portsmouth at all, but anyway...

If I had to name my top 10 Abba songs (I do thiis, I just enjoy it) they are:

Knowing Me, Knowing You

Money, Money, Money

Mamma Mia

Super Trouper

The Winner Takes It All

Eagle

Move On

Summer Night City

The Piper (if an Abba song sounds like Portsmouth, it is actually this track)

SOS

But it's hard to leave out songs like Arrival, The Visitors, Lay All Your Love On Me, Fernando, etc.

I was probably being too simplistic and I wasn't entirely serious, but Arrival is an instrumental and although it doesn't have complicated instrumental passages it has the atmosphere I associate with prog. Same with Eagle. Just the way the song soars. I suppose if you're going to make a leap like that than you could say any song you like sounds 'prog' but I would only say those are the only two Abba songs I would even vaguely put in this category.

Mr.Farmer is so blown away by the news he hasn't been able to form the necessary words to express his joy. Yet. But he will.

LOL.

I'm a fan. I didn't want them to do this (but I'm the person who waited forever for the Eagles' Long Road Out Of Eden). But now they have done it, it all came back to me. Frida on I Still Have Faith In You & Agnetha doing her storytelling on Don't Shut Me Down. I love it.

My favourite Abba songs are not necessarily the huge pop hits, but the more introspective stuff which was mostly sung by Frida, who is (was) a redhead & shares my birthday. And they could even do prog - I give you the title track of Arrival, and the majestic Eagle. As far as I am concerned, you don't get any better than Knowing Me, Knowing You & Money, Money, Money (both from the Arrival album which also has Dancing Queen, a song for which I can't share the general adulation).

I couldn't watch it either.