Posts by thewatcher

I don't think I've ever thought about a set of songs so hard in my life.

Output: zero, niente, diddlysquat, nil, bupkes.

A bottle of prosseco, or whiskey or something to the askerer if we could arrange it!

Would anyone care to join me in calling on DecomposingMan to just tell us? But I'd understand if people want to go all Mrs Doyle ("NO CLUES!") and insist on getting the answer no matter how long it takes. (I don't suppose the answer is 'Father Todd Unctious'?)

yes! I'm sure we've had ten guesses (wasn't that the rule?), think it's time to put us out of our misery! (Figure of speech, I've enjoyed the hunt for the answer!)

Edit: ok there's a new clue. Maybe keep going a little.

I was surprised they pushed it only to April. Seemed like a better bet to just push it a full year, but there may have been other reasons not to go out that far.

Hey in the meantime they can go dig up the soundboard shows sitting in the archives at the Farm and get them released online to hold everyone over.

I have always wondered what Genesis have left in the vault. You see bands issuing these gargantuan rereleases with 5cds for an album for example, but I feel like there's a (relative) paucity of extra material from genesis.

Regarding the tour, I share everyone's pessimism. Even if there is a vaccine, it will not have been widely distributed at that point. Prioritized groups will get it first. Concert goers second. And even if there is a widely available vaccine, they will know more about safety at that point than efficacy, so I question whether large scale indoor gatherings will resume immediately anyway. Besides, the likeliest candidates seem like they will have to be frozen to minus 90 and given in two doses, so there are some *minor* logistics to figure out there.

OK. I've been trying to come up with questions just in case I got to ask one again (although they're not as good as most of the others that have been asked)... so here goes!

For this question we take you back to the days when the main album format was the vinyl LP.

On the Genesis LPs from back then, what occurred only on the first LP of THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY and on ABACAB?

I want to echo the person who said this thread was showing them how little they know of their favorite band!

Im going to guess the running order of tracks was changed around or something?

To those of you who were quite young when you bought your first album (like 10 or 11 years old).

What was fascinating for you? And how important is that album for you today?

Lets see... I had some awareness of the band because I remember a family holiday to France when I was 7 and my parents had invisible touch on cassette playing over and over in the car. The track that stands out oddly is the Brazilian. Then when I was 10 or so, all that great early dance music and grunge were starting to filter through to mainstream. In the midst of that, No Son Of Mine was very popular on the radio and MTV, I remember the video fairly well from that time. It wasn't a hard decision to get the album as I was increasingly interested in music and as I said, had some awareness of the band and liked NSOM.

I used to like to listen to music in bed those days before falling asleep and listened to WCD on my Walkman a lot in this way. I remember loving driving the last spoke, especially the section toward the end, and dreaming while you sleep. And NSOM of course. I was less gone on the ballads which I found a bit mushy then and just not really my thing. Now, all those years later, I still have the same impression of the album and those songs. Oh, and fading lights was very impactful as it was around this time I finished primary school and moved to secondary school, I remember associating the song with moving on from friends and teachers I knew and liked. On some level the song still dredges up those feelings, though I guess you could argue that's it's intention anyway.

Looking forward to next season.

Other good Netflix series are Dead To Me, Cobra Kai, Ozark, Schitt's Creek, Locke and Key, Virgin River.

Currently watching High Seas. Unfortunately, it was originally in French, now dubbed in English. At least there are no subtitles. LOL

I'll stick with it so, I've only seen the first three episodes.

Cobra kai - phenomenal tv. Could not believe it when I heard the concept, and the karate kid is one of the last 80s movies I would have thought needed a continuation tv show. But boy does it work. I thought it was masterful. They mined the > 30 year time lapse and balanced it with fresh faces absolutely perfectly. The old cast seems all in. Can't wait for the next season.

Started watching 'Away' on netflix. Fine visuals but boy do they lay it on thick. Cloying is an appropriate adjective. It's not as bad as The Loop (because to be fair, nothing could ever possibly be) but it could be so much better. Maybe it will get better.