Posts by Wayne

I think backing singers should be great, to be honest I’d rather have them to fill the sound out if Phil’s voice is fragile - no worries on that department bring them on. The only issue is what songs will they sing on?. Was looking at the usual shoe ins for set lists and I’m having trouble seeing any?.

If they did “ Many Too Many” for a change that would be great with backing .

On the other hand ... will those shows take place in September already anyway?

I can’t see why not?, if the Genesis shows are going to happen would Steve alter his dates I can’t see that , after all his dates were announced first?. But as you have suggested with the overlapping dates , probably a lot of folks will be wishing to attend both shows?, I can’t see Fans been purely Steve Hackett fans if they are going to see a Seconds Out revisited show!. September for me is going to be the most congested month ever for concerts I’ve up to press got 11 concerts in that month now!.

Those SACD / DVD boxes have already been remastered and all the work has been done - must of cost a lot of money to do the first time and to only release on one occasion seems to underestimate need. I don’t think it was limited the first time around so why not do another set of all of them?. If they don’t sell I’d be very surprised!, one way to guarantee them selling is by putting limited re issue on the box say 2,500 and I bet they would fly out!.

That’s a good, comprehensive analysis. I think the band are right not to endlessly repackage the same material. What I find disappointing and in contrast to the service that a lot of other major bands provide for their fans, is that people younger than me were not able to buy the box sets and get access to some of that material. If the band saw those box sets as the definitive round up of their canon they should make them available to new fans, younger fans and people who want to update their collections. I’m sure that is expensive to produce but at least some effort could be made to analyse the cost effectiveness. Maybe one big box set, offered directly though an official website. Furthermore, it may be that there is only a small demand for live shows so I think there should be a cheap way of offering official downloads that do not cost the band too much to offer. Finally- Genesis have not had an effective official website for many years, if ever. This of itself is suggestive of a lack of concern for their past and their supporters. If there was such a website, some of the material we talk about on this forum could be offered I’m sure.

I’m in 100% agreement with what you say regarding the the issue of the physical product mentioned by The Genesis Archive above.

For me it is unfair on the new generation of fans and the old fans who may not have known about these re issues. I for one wasn’t a member of a forum or indeed on the internet that much in 2006/2007. Things were a lot more harder to find and to be honest I didn’t even know the SACD box sets were available. If there was a televised campaign promoting them I didn’t recollect seeing it. I really feel that releasing these once is harsh, as has been said above there are more than likely a multitude of new fans around the World and they more than likely would buy the SACD box sets. Surely the fact they always sell every time one is listed for a more reasonable price on eBay shows this. People may

Think here they go again re issuing something I already have, but they don’t have to buy again. it’s for those who didn’t get the chance the first time around.

Look at other artists, classic albums are re issued on vinyl regularly from the 60s and 70s and there is a continuous market for these. I wish they were like some of the other bands who regularly look at ways to re issue product to cater for these new untapped markets.

I would assume it's purely financial, that anticipated sales wouldn't justify the cost. But, given how much they retail for second hand maybe I'm wrong and there's another reason.

yes I’ve been looking on eBay for around two years for these, there was a set of four that went for £400 in Germany last month and I forget to bid!. I was pig sick for a week afterwards!. There is a set of 5 for a ridiculous amount of well over £1500 on eBay USA. They just don’t seem to drop in price. I’m guessing the first one (possibly the most sort after) won’t go down in price and it usually sells for over £225. I’d like them but not that much. There are probably many 1,000s of new fans since 2007 and I’d bet a lot of these are wanting these as much as I do!.

I’d be up for expanded editions for all albums up to and including Abacab (at least). Including:

Yep, I’d buy those - hopefully on a regular release schedule (one every 6-9 months) - without blinking. My suspicion is that the box sets released before 2010 are felt to have most of the above already covered (or at least, there’s the view that they have, by the band itself).

you would think that the group would be interested In releasing products that not every fan has?, it just doesn’t seem to make sense to me to be honest. They are probably sitting on a lot of potential incoming money from people like us. I mean most folks have excess money to spend at the moment due to the inability to spend anything apart from online. I wish they would do as you suggest.

I still don’t understand why they have only been released on one occasion, Cds and SACDs get multiple reissues. Sadly doesn’t seem to be the case with these. Would love these to be updated to bluray release or original I don’t mind at all!.

What’s the point In putting all that care and attention and work into one release, if anyone has any ability To re consider reissue would be great if they could look at this again.

I didn’t know that when did this become available , I’ll look into that thanks . Apologies I wasn’t aware of that at all. When was there this change of policy?, as I’ve got a few lined up which I wasn’t aware of been able to claim a refund ?. Must be a new thing.

I’m not speaking specifically with regard to the group, I’m speaking about the inability to get a refund. With respect as far as I’m aware you can’t get a refund unless they cancel the whole thing. I have 20 concerts all which have been moved back once at least, various artists of course and it is the same with all of those concerts. Ticketmaster don’t offer refunds unless the event is cancelled completely here in the UK. Most of the concerts I have booked were initially booked before there was any sign of the virus anywhere. The genesis one was booked the day of them going on sale As far as I was aware Coronavirus wasn’t an issue here in the Uk at that time I think there may have been one or two cases in the UK, it certainly wasn’t the terrible problem it is now.

The only issue with it is eventually some of these shows are bound to clash it’s inevitable. But I personally would gladly take a refund. I think this could be offered to all those who would rather not go and I bet there are a lot who have had second thoughts.

The main problem I think which hasn’t been mentioned is Money!, that’s why it hasn’t been cancelled for sure. How much money has been invested in these concerts probably a few million on stage sets and everything else such as hiring of concert halls. So I doubt we will be offered a refund which I would take now. To be honest if they cancel again I think it’s really taking the fans for idiots. Wasn’t it Jon Bon Jovi who cancelled a tour to enable the fans to have their money back rather than it be held by the promoter ?. I do think the streaming show is a good idea and I would pay part of my refund to view it.

Very depressed sad and desperate right now. My Father in Law and best friend died at the age of 83 on the morning of new years Eve . Robbed of his last few years of life by Covid. Having shielded more or less all year and shielding at home for weeks had to go hospital with a fixable heart problem and caught Covid whilst there. Dead 8 days after he tested positive. Am very angry at world. Hopeless govt and selfish stupid people to blame . It need not be as bad as this. I'm a support worker and have cared for a learning disabled man who had it and four staff went down with it. All survived. Am still negative so will visit Mrs Farmer tomorrow who has been isolating with her vulnerable mum for over a fortnight since her dad went in . I think the neighbours have been gossiping! All we wanted was for us all to survive this. It s bollocks. My parents in their 90s struggling with isolation all year , getting the vaccine on Sunday..One good thing. My mate , my wife's dad has just missed out..

sorry for your loss, I’m very sad to read such a harrowing piece like that. My thoughts are with you at this time. Take care.

I’d say it’s a certainty April won’t be happening now, lockdown till the middle of February here in the UK as a minimum leaves 6 weeks approx to be back to full concerts - no chance at all, they need to let us know as surely they must know by now that it won’t be happening?. Refund all the money and cancel is the only logical option. With the new strain now been the dominant one chances are such large event’s would be more risky to put on and logistically more impractical?. So I think cancelling should be considered. £900 is a lot of money to be left in Ticketmaster’s account for two years and I for one could do with it!.

Obviously I would be gutted as everyone else but you have to look at the bigger picture, would everyone enjoy a show in such circumstances - I doubt it.

Here’s hoping we won’t have all this “Jab and Go” situation which we are seeing on a famous companies adverts here in the UK. At this rate probably 10% of those who are attending will be vaccinated and what’s the betting most of those will have only had one jab !!.
    I can see it being a stipulation of attending such shows when we eventually get back to reality.

I was listening to a radio broadcast yesterday and they were interviewing a guy who worked in the live music and performance industry here in the UK, and he gave some very interesting thoughts about concerts for next year. He was involved with tours and live events and obviously had a lot of knowledge as to the state of play with concerts. He said that he didn’t think any concerts would be back to normal before the end of next year at the earliest and most likely 2022. He said the new virus mutation has really affected planning for any live events. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

This should of been a great christmas with memories of the tour lingering in our minds

Hope im wrong but sadly think March/April 2021 is too soon for big indoor concerts even with the good proximity of the venues (it's all located in the same Isle and not a world/european tour). If it's to be rescheduled once again let's hope it can be done in Autumn 2021

I can’t see it happening 2021 probably April 2022 with all this what’s happening in the Uk with the mutant strain of the virus. Not a chance I’m afraid!. Also by April I would guess that not even half of the country will have been vaccinated and they more than likely won’t let you come into the show without it.

The Dire Straits albums have been re-released in this way. There was absolutely no point in my buying them. There were no undiscovered tracks, no nothing.

it all depends if you already had the items I guess, i haven’t got these high resolution discs or the books or the video footage so for me it would be a valuable re issue probably more than any other I can think of.

They could at least re issue the three box sets (red/Blue/green), for those of us who didn’t get them first time around. A lot of groups have re issued box sets or repressed the same content recently for example Marillion with Misplaced Childhood who repressed 2,000 copies of that which have quickly sold out again. I’m sure the box sets would sell well.