Posts by Mozo

Wow, BOTR is top. It makes my top 3 but I didnt expect it to be top.

I wasn't really aware of Genesis when it came out , as I only discovered them in 1980, so I on'y discovered this album in retrospect. For me, one their very best, and it's hard to choose my very favourite tracks, but I went for (clear top) EEOM, then OFTV and BOTR.

I'm not surprised that YOSW is so low down - for years I always skipped it. That only changed for me when I heard the Australian version with strings and I finally realised what a song it could have been. Having now heard some live recordings from the WAW tour, I think it sounded a lot better live, partly because I think Phil performs it better live.

For me, EEOM is only second best to WOTS in terms of greatest album opener.

It's telling for me that I voted last week and I'm not sure what I voted for!

If I did it today it would be Lamb, TOTT and WAW, but I think I voted for SEBTP rather than WAW.

I'm pretty certain they would be my top 4, but WAW and SEBTP are forever locked in combat to secure the third slot.

For me there aren't any huge surprises in the order other than the Lamb - for me it's first by a country mile - and WCD being higher than Trespass, which is enough to make me spit out my coffee

Ah, thanks, that's really helped. As I suspected, I was looking in the wrong place!

Apparently I am not connectable for some reason, (Norton Anti Virus maybe) so I have to sort that first.

But thanks for your help, I'm getting there!

Ok, I'm really rusty here. I registered with the Movement ages ago, but I haven't collected any new recordings for several years. I have Zurich Revisited but it sounds like the new one is an upgrade.

Is the Movement just a list of the known recordings, or are recordings available via the site?

Sorry for the noob question

Young drummer from Germany, Sina Doering. She's also known as Sina-Drums with close to a million subscribers to her You Tube channel. Ian Paice from Deep Purple recently picked her out as the new, young drummer to watch after he saw her drum cover of the old Deep Purple song, Burn. He rates her very, very highly. And when Donovan plays in Germany, Sina is his first choice as his drummer.

I'm very happy that Sina chose this epic song to take on. My favorite Genesis song...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I bought an electric drum kit about 3 months ago and i have watched this video very closely. But sadly I think I was some way off FOF

Her version of Highway Star is fantastic. She looks like she is having so much fun

The Milton Keynes gig was one of the first bootlegs I ever got (this was when you got a bootleg in the post and then copied it for three other people). I've listened to it once. I guess you just had to be there!

I get that. The recording I have isn't brilliant, and the performance is a bit ragged too.

But it was an AMAZING night, and I still smile when I think of it. I'd be interested to hear other people's views on it. The atmosphere was incredible.

I have to say, I wasn't keeping up with the band by the this point. WCD was the first tour I hadn't seen since 1981, which I now regret, and I didn't even buy CAS when it came out. I was still listening to the pre-WCD stuff though.

When I did eventually buy it I was really surprised, and I like it a lot more than is common it seems. It's not perfect, but neither was WCD by any means.

I think several songs stand out - for me One Man's Fool is one of the best songs post ABACAB. Good first half, followed by a fantastic second half.

I also went for TMBSOW and TDL.

Queued all day in December '76 outside the Free Trade Hall, Manchester to get tickets for the W&W tour got to 20 feet from the door and told 'Sold Out''. Out of the country for Knebworth '78, saw them in Manchester 2 x Duke April 1980, Birmingham NEC Abacab Dec 1981, Milton Keynes Oct 1982, Roundhay Park '87, and Old Trafford '07.

Pretty close to me actually. I didn't see the Duke tour unfortunately but...

...First one for me was NEC Dec 1981. I walked in as a casual Genesis fan, and walked out a full on convert and have been obsessed ever since. From that point I bought everything I could and I had every Genesis album by the time I...

...was at Milton Keynes 1982 - which was the most euphoric I've ever been at a gig (tied with Kate Bush in London). I still pinch myself sometimes and listen to the bootlegs with a big cheesy grin on my face.

I saw MAMA tour at Birmingham - which I enjoyed, but it was in support of my least favourite Genesis album.

Leeds Roundhay park 1987 - my last mega gig - I haven't been to a "stadium" gig since, other than

Manchester 2007 - which doesn't count because I could sit down!

And hopefully later this year too.

Domino, TTT and TIAA.

I remember when it came out and being pleasantly surprised after the disappointment of the previous album. I remember watching in disbelief as the band turned into one of, if not THE biggest band of the planet for a while. So it holds a special place for my heart.

As I've mentioned in another thread, I don't think it has aged well, mostly because of the production. But I reckon it's full of really good songs, with the exception of ASD, the inclusion of which baffles me now, as it did then

Its never going to stand up to Duke or what came before (IMO) but I still like it lot.

This is an interesting one to me. I'm not an OLD OLD Genesis fan by any means - I only discovered them in 1980 with Duke when I was 15. So I'm certainly not one of the "Phil ruined everything" brigade.

But I was a full on Genesis fanatic by the time GENESIS came out, and I was pretty disappointed with at the time. Over time I have revised my opinion, to the point where I now think it was REALLY REALLY disappointing.

I went to see the tour and all that, which was great, but I would class 5 tracks as filler leaving Mama, HBTS/SHBTS and IGGB.

And yet I can tell by listening and reading that a lot of people love this album. I find that refreshing and confusing at the same time!

But for me its the closest they got to being lazy with the songwriting

This is tough, as I love Peter's solo career.

While it might not objectively be his BEST album, my favourite is US. When it came out I was a bit disappointed to be honest, after the behemoth that was SO. But it grew on me a lot, and for me it was humanness and honesty of it. I find it such an emotional, soulful album. At the end of the 90s I was going through a very rough time emotionally - this album and the Secret World album, helped get me through it. I couldn't even tell you how or why, but those 2 albums in particular helped. So this album means the most to me.

Then PG3 - mainly because its absolutely bloody genius. Very little to say that hasn't been said.

Next one is very tough - maybe PG1 because of the great tracks and the accessibility of it. But as an album I might prefer PG2, which is too often overlooked. A quirky pitstop on the way to full weirddom with PG3.

I love SO of course like any right minded person, but my main issue now (and with PG4) is the very 80s sound, which hasn't dated well in my opinion.

In a nutshell, I love most of them and like one or two. The only one that doesnt get regular airplay is UP

1. Genesis. So much to the point I'm having to force myself not to, simply because I've got other stuff I want to hear..

2. The Beatles.

3. Steely Dan

4. Super Furry Animals

5. XTC

As someone who generally prefers the PG albums, this is my least favourite PG album (other than FGTR).

As a listening experience I definitely prefer Trespass - I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. I think that NC is further down the road to what Genesis would become - and objectively I can see the tracks like TMB and Salmacis are a step forward from Trespass. However for some reason I don't engage with them in the same way I engage with The Knife or Stagnation.

I think FAF and HTB are as close to filler as Genesis got until the PC years - I like them a lot, but I think there are stronger tracks on Trespass. Even Hogweed leaves me a bit cold in comparison. Maybe its the production?

I can imagine TMB, Hogweed and Salmacis were all great live, but they're a bit flat on the album IMO.

Of course, we are talking in relative terms here - I still love NC and every track on it. But in comparison with the other PG albums I think it's the weakest.

It was an excellent pointer to where they were headed, and they absolutely nailed it with Foxtrot, which is on another level IMO