Posts by MoonlitKnight

Not far off lol. Worst part is I was visiting my 83 year old father. I mentioned this doc about my favorite band was on and I wouldn’t mind watching it. He said “sure” and we both regretted it. I kept telling him “this isn’t their music playing in the background. Their music is much better.” When the show finished he muttered “Thank God that’s over” and turned on the news lol.

That was an awful big joint “Phil” was smoking in the dark as he wrote his first solo album lol.

I am certain the moment its on youtube, the rest of us can draw our own conclusions.

TGA

I can save you the trouble. It was horrible. Dee Snyder narrated and 95% of the music played was generic hair band stuff in the background. There was about 10 seconds each of Watcher, IKWIL, FYFM, and BTL. There was maybe 3 seconds of band member interview clips from the box sets. Mostly it was Richard MacPhail (sp?) who kept saying “we did this, we did that,” like he was a musician in the band. And the journalists they interviewed made comments that seemed wildly off base. Example: one claiming that Phil showed up for the Abacab sessions with his entourage in tow (including Hugh Padgham) and telling Tony and Mike “this is how it’s gonna be.” All in all it was a waste of time, start to finish.

But the girlfriend’s co-worker has not much to do with this tour, has she...!?

The point (obviously) is that if further shows (or the entire tour) gets postponed it will be because of the virus, the resurgence of which has been to a significant degree fueled by people not getting vaccinated. It’s happening with other big-act tours (e.g. Garth Brooks just canceled a number of stadium shows). And by the way, my gf is supposed to go with me to the Genesis concert. So yes, even in that sense her being exposed to the virus by someone is relevant. More broadly, the example I mentioned was designed to be illustrative of the larger point.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I agree completely, though I must admit some confusion as to how my name got changed from Moonlitknight to SquigelyFox.

Interestingly, more and more employers (in the US) are requiring vaccination or making it really inconvenient if you're not (daily Covid tests for example for the unvaccinated and masks). Given the libertarian streak that is very strong in the US, I foresee class action lawsuits on the horizon. Not sure how they'll end up though.....

Funny thing is the intellectual roots of libertarianism can be traced back to Classical Liberalism (e.g. Locke), which traces its roots to The Enlightenment, which incorporated a faith in the scientific method and reason.

More evidence that not getting vaccinated is not simply a matter of individual rights: my girlfriend’s co-worker has refused to get vaccinated. The co-worker just tested positive and is showing symptoms. Now they have to close down the business at least for the rest of the week. My gf is a massage therapist at an upscale spa in a resort town. No customers = no income for this week. Thank you selfish dingbat co-worker.

Killer version of Supper’s Ready at this show plus the Phenix Horns make a guest appearance on No Reply At All and Paperlate.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I used to play all of those songs in the Genesis Show. They each have their intricacies. The tough part about 9/8 is the fact that the keyboard solo is in 4/4 and everything else is in 9/8. As someone who played the 12-string and Taurus pedal part, you almost have to shut out what everybody else is playing. Supper's Ready is not terribly hard to play, otherwise, other than it's friggin' long lol. It's almost like playing 4-5 songs in a row. Los Endos is OK, again I never thought it was that hard from the 12-string/bass perspective; it's a reprise of Dance and Squonk. Firth is a really fun one to play; such beautiful melodies.

The Genesis Show—I love you guys! I’ve seen the band 4 or 5 times and will see them again in October in New Jersey (Covid-19).

I didn’t buy the single. I did of course buy the album. I attended the concert at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD and then ran out and bought the album the next day. Abacab the album was like nothing I’d ever heard before. To me it sounded artsy and unique: the outro to the album version of the song Abacab; Me and Sarah Jane; Keep it Dark; Dodo/Lurker; Man on the Corner. From there I quickly worked backwards, buying the previous albums. Just eight months later I saw the Encore Tour and new and loved all the classics they played—Supper’s Ready; The Lamb; Watcher; I Know What I Like. It all started for me with Abacab.

What I read was that he refuses to play venues that require proof of vaccination to enter. North of Atlanta GA where I live masks are voluntary in most places. Government has been making recommendations based on what they're told by the CDC. I expect that most venues will have signs telling patrons not to enter if they have any symptoms, and that the venue is not liable if anybody does get sick.

Ok. Ah the joys of a decentralized federalism system. I live in Maryland. I know in Baltimore indoor masks are required, including at the inner concourse areas at Ravens games. I have tickets to see Genesis in Washington, DC this November. There is an indoor mask mandate there and the mayor recently said it may extend at least until Thanksgiving (a week after the concert).

Eric Clapton is touring the southeast US in September. Like Phil, Tony, and Mike, he's also in his 70s which puts him in the high-risk category, but as of now I haven't heard of any postponed shows. Eric has also said that he will not play to a "segregated audience" (meaning no masks or vaccine passports will be required for entry). It gives me hope to see some of my heroes soldiering on just so there can be live rock shows again. I salute them, even if some dates have to be moved AGAIN due to local mandates.

Be well, stay informed, keep yourself healthy, and I hope we can all see more live shows ASAP.

I’m confused. Not to start another debate over this stuff but in reality doesn’t that decision (mask/vaccine requirements) reside with the government? Does me mean he will only play in cities where there are no such requirements?