Posts by Liquid Len

So I got an email that they notify us tonight of whether we were chosen for the presale. Apparently if so we will be able to purchase tickets tomorrow startup at 1000am US eastern time. If that’s the case do I have to be ready at exactly 1000 or if I don’t around to do it until like 1130am is it a big deal?

Check this out! Robert De Niro was in Meet the Parents with Ben Stiller, Ben Stiller was in Happy Gilmore with Adam Sandler, Adam Sandler was in Waterboy with Kathy Bates, Kathy Bates was in The Blind Side with Lily Collins, Lily Collins is the daughter of Phil Collins, Phil Collins is in Genesis. Boom!!

Also, part of the fun of forums like this is getting to see other Genesis fans’ perspectives. I love it. We can respectfully disagree with one another, all the while knowing we’re disagreeing on something we all love, Genesis.

People have to understand that the landscape of music was rapidly changing by the early 80’s. Sure, the guys could have keep doing long proggy tracks and stuck to their origins. However, that’s not where music was headed by the early-mid 80’s. I have absolutely no problem with their musician direction in the 80’s. I would love to ask those nay sayers, if you had the chance to make music that tops the charts, makes you rich, and sells out large stadiums, wouldn’t you jump at that too? It’s every musician’s dream I’m sure; having a stadium full of people singing your songs.

This is cool. It’s must be an incredible experience for him to be going on tour with the guys and cool for Dad to see him behind the drum kit following in his footsteps!

Yeah I think anyone who says they like all the tracks of a bands’ discography is lying. There are always going to be tracks that just don’t work for you. Or maybe they didn’t work for you because of life circumstance, and then one day when you’re older, they just click for you. For example, One for the Vine just doesn’t do anything for me. I love the album, but just can’t really get into that song. Maybe someday it will change. That’s part of the fun though.

I love your story. I always think of WCD as my 'first' Genesis album as I bought it on cassette when I was 10, but in truth, my first exposure to Genesis was IT. I was only 7 and my parents had it playing on cassette in our car when we took a road trip to France. I vividly remember The Brazilian standing out to me the most, followed by the sense of danger from TTT. I'm fascinated by the neuro-cognitive aspect of this, as I would have had no framework for articulating why I liked those bits at that age, and can only think they reflected something of my forming personality.

I also can't choose just 3, I have 4 favorites (trick, duke, Abacab and CAS) but more and more The Lamb is nudging it's way into that top tier.

I think the Lamb is top tier too. Works on so many levels. What’s even more amazing is their stamina. The fact that they could then just reload after this album rather than rebuild, is so impressive. Think about how amazing it is, they lose Ant Philips, and gain Steve Hackett. They ditch their drummer and one of the greatest drummers of all time falls in their lap. Their charismatic front man in PG leaves, and they then just shift that legendary drummer to the front. Hackett leaves and they just solidify into a chart topping commercial success instead of folding in the late 70’s.

this is something for the vinylists ;)

I do prefer the lower of the 5.1 mix, that I like a lot. Still not in my top 3, this album.

Agreed. Even though I grew up with Invisible Touch, and there is a certain nostalgia in it for me, it’s not in my top three either. Very well produced obviously, just not top tier for me. I’m sure it will get a lot of love on the upcoming tour.

I just got a vinyl copy of Invisible Touch, mind blown! I’ve owned two or three copies of this album on CD in my lifetime, never realized the front of the album cover is textured! Easily amused I guess. I must say I’m impressed with the 180 gram remastered series of vinyl. Very sleek. I like the glossy finish on the sleeves.

I’d have to say, the Lamb is in my top three. I’ve been listening to it a lot lately. I love it. I love how dark and gritty it is. It sounds like nothing on either side of it; nothing that exists in the rest of their discography actually. People say the second album (sides 3 and 4 on vinyl) is weaker, I have to disagree. It’s just more weird and out there. Still really solid music though.