Posts by seftonave

Next up for me is, er, Peter Gabriel, Thursday in Glasgow. That's if it isn't pulled for being only ⅔ full, of course.

If its anything like Birmingham last night you may find there could be a last minute rush on tickets. Middle of last week Bham had a few hundred seats left, at least but last night I spotted only a handful.

I had a prime spot on the floor and thought the sound was sub-par. Certainly for a Gabriel gig and I've heard significantly better at arena shows. I've heard reports from others in other parts of the venue that the sound was "awful". I know this is always a risk in this kind of venue but as I say, if others can overcome it, then Gabriel certainly can. Especially when you're paying just shy of £200 for a ticket.

And I so wish mobile devices were banned at gigs. It's one of the reasons my gig-going days are largely behind me. The King Crimson approach seems to work just fine.

We were in Block 12, very close to the stage and the sound was excellent. I don't think you can ever get 100% decent sound in these types of arena. We were supposed to be way back in block 9 but 'promoted' ourselves!

I'd add that Peter's marketing campaign also has its limits... even if I find (unlike others) : that his set list is very audacious, that he's probably never had such a good band, such a clear, subtle yet powerful sound (in certain venues) and that he's never sung so well (despite his age).

Last but not least, and in contrast to other tours, Peter's mistakes seem to be fewer, as if he had to give it his all. A 2h40 show (without intermission) at his age commands respect. In fact, he looks fitter than he did on tour with Sting (and has lost weight).

There is an interval of 15 mins after Sledgehammer , but I get your sentiments. I paid €65 for a great place at Verona and €124 for a top notch seat in Milan. For Birmingham on Saturday we are paying about £90 for pretty poor seats. Rip off Britain, I'm afraid. At least with the ticket sales in Birmingham we'll be able to possibly move to a better place as its not sold out as the PG website has said for months. I'd much rather go to Europe to see him anyway.

Here it is

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Priceless!! The first minute is brilliant (as is the rest) Tony Levin seems to have a split second of panic! Thanks for posting this.

Interesting fun fact

Peter starts with Washing, then realized they wanted to do Flood in German, stops the song and starts with Flood.

I don't suppose HCTF will appear at Birmingham on Saturday. In terms of Marina Moore, bit strange she's not back yet? It would not surprise me that if she has a flu variant (Covid?) she's likely to be back in UK? Very strange there has been no official comment, or even a give away on band members social feeds. Hopefully we will see her on Saturday and that she is well. 4 more sleeps to go!

Fancy a meet up before the gig. Maybe in a nearby pub? It would be good to meet you. I'll do a general one on the looking for someone thread.

If you manage to arrange a meet up with others I'll try to get along. We are meeting up with some old friends so will be 4 of us going to the gig and 2 going shopping!

He might be shutting up soon, as he is being investigated for wearing an SS uniform at his recent Berlin gig (an offence there) and a UK venue is now seeking to ban him due to the aforementioned.......

The UK MP Christian Wakeford who wants Waters banned is spouting a load of ill-informed lies. It was not an SS uniform, it was a leather coat with the crossed hammers on the sleeves. He has been wearing that coat for decades and it is not an SS soldier coat. In fact, the so-called SS or swastika armband referred to is in fact a pair of crossed red and black claw hammers on a white background, designed by Gerald Scarfe in 1979. The hammer logo is based on a fictitious neo-nazi organisation as depicted in the film of The Wall (1982) based on the album of the same name. The portrayal of a fictional extremist group in the film is to show nazism negatively. I won't bore people with the finer details of The Wall, but it is not racist, antisemitic etc. piece of work as some are making out.

Mr Wakeford also said he flew the pig at the same Berlin gig with Star of David on it, that is also a lie. That pig last flew in 2013 and as well as the SofD on it it also had lots of other religious symbols on it. Waters apologised for that but it was too late. His opposition to the treatment of Palestinians by Israel has meant he has been labelled antisemitic. True, Waters has not helped himself with some fairly inflammatory rhetoric but the label of antisemite does not stick. Its interesting that Peter Gabriel, Brian Eno, Tom Morello and many others all signed a petition to get the Waters gig in Frankfurt that was cancelled re-instated.

https://www.loudersound.com/ne…oncert-ban-to-be-reversed

It's a funny old world we live in.

Blimey, I'd forgotten all about Come Talk To Me, its a cracking opener, which I was lucky enough to see twice. The place went mental when he came out of the telephone box! Again, saw him do it as an encore on the Growing Up tours but didnt have the same impact, but still good!

I'm still sticking my neck out and going for Four Kinds Of Horses to kick of with, unless there is something for I/O thats not been released yet that he starts with? I'll know in 5 more sleeps!