Posts by seftonave

I hope not. It'd be better if he didn't reprise the Flood opening, and as good as it is Horses wouldn't be the right opener or suitable as 2nd track.

Have to wait and see I suppose. It's funny I think that a lot of the older big openers I've seen have been very dramatic, Darkness, Intruder, On The Air, Rhythm Of The Heat. They don't sound as powerful to me, if played mid-set. I like HCTF as a pre-opener, sort of anti rock star approach to a gig, just him, piano and audience. Then it really kicks off, I like the contrast.

I'll be there in Denver Colorado in October! Sadly, I didn't get to see Genesis during their Last Domino tour, since they cut out the entire Western half of the US-so I'm NOT missing Peter! This will be my 2nd time seeing him-I saw him back in 2003 in Milwaukee, WI while he was on his Growing Up tour.

Fun fact: I will be going with my 11 year old daughter, her first ever concert! She has gradually become more or less a "casual PG fan." She knows the main hits. Sledgehammer, Red Rain, Big Time, Secret World, Games w/o Frontiers, Intruder and Solsbury Hill are pretty much the only ones she's into right now...but now I have about half a year to introduce her to the likes of his deeper-level fan favorites!

I'm sure she will love it. My son who is 29 is coming to the Birmingham gig with me and some mates. He last first/saw PG in Oberhausen April 30th 2003. So a very similar age to your daughter. Scary where the time goes....... at least he can get the drinks in this time!

Love it. Lovely simple lyrics, sort of thing I imaging little kids singing in school, and that's the beauty of it I think. It's a shame that despite being on a 6 Music playlist it seems to have only been played once on the station at about 4:30 in the morning.

Peter was asked about the keyboard player last year in Paris and said it’s going to be Don-E.

Yep, saw that when you published it. It seems to have taken a long time for anything to appear on Don-e's social media. I suppose until contracts were sorted then he had to keep quiet. Interesting to see Tony L and his bass tech. in the background, the lyrics to Solsbury Hill on the prompt/monitor also a trumpet at the back of the room! Wonder what that's for? Maybe a rendition of That'll Do is on the cards! Roll on Verona and Milan!

Verona, Milan and Birmingham. I've always wanted to see him in Italy, having been to other gigs there and the crowds are great. It will be interesting as the Italian gigs are on consecutive nights but one outside the other indoors. Birmingham is with a few mates and my son. I took him to the first leg of Growing Up, he was 10 years old, now he's nearly 30!

I doubt he's doing Mexico this time. They said dates take place in late August and September, so we can assume venues have been blocked long ago.

Peter also did amphitheaters in the states, i.e. Red Rocks etc.

I would suspect that the second leg of the European tour could be mainly outdoor venues rather like the second part of the Still Growing Up tour in 2004. Festivals, key outdoor venues etc. Seems to be a pattern that has worked before for a number of artists/bands

Seems strange to have a show in Nottingham with it being only about an hour from Birmingham and that's not sold out. At the moment he's only doing two shows in Italy, Verona has been sold out for ages and Milan has just a few seats left. I'm sure there is some logic to it but maybe the tour next summer (24) will hit more of the southern Europe countries.

My inflation calculator tells me that's £11.80 now. Even the worst seat in a theatre gig, which what I imagine your 77 one was, would be at least £25 now depending on the act.

Manchester Apollo, 29/4/77, seat X18 in the stalls, a good seat! I think at the time of his first tour PG would not have been able to command higher ticket prices. By the time he played the same venue in 1983 (same seat category) the price had almost trebled to £7. I agree that ticket prices are much, in many cases, too high these days, but then I suspect there are many more people wanting a piece of the action these days, plus the actual cost of taking all that kit on the road that really is not needed. I've another ticket stub I've just looked at for Muse at Grosse Freiheit in Hamburg, October 2003, Euro 21 (£15 at the time) That was the time they were playing arenas in UK, with arena prices!

Looking at my ticket stub for PG in Manchester 1977, £2.20 I can understand the concerns about prices. Having said that I've also one for Bregenz in 2004, Euro 114, so a mixed bag. I don't think that the PG gigs are more expensive than others for similar artists, they are all expensive these days if you go to arenas in the UK. Thankfully PG didn't adopt the dreadful 'dynamic pricing' which is quite scandalous. UK is very expensive. I've paid Euro 120 for a really good seat in Milan and Euro 65 for a 'sit/stand anywhere' at Verona Arena (outside) It's still a lot of money but better than UK prices. It looks like Verona is now sold out and thats a big venue. Milan seems to have very few tickets left. I suppose PG is very popular in Italy, hence good ticket sales and average pricing.

A few people have mentioned the 2002 USA leg of that tour and the low attendance at venues. I seem to remember that PG was payed a fixed fee for each gig, regardless of ticket sales and the promoters/venues set ticket prices.

I was interested to see that tickets for the Roger Waters arena gigs in the UK are expensive, whilst on the US leg of his recent tour you could pick up a ticket in some cities for under 50 dollars.

I'm listening to a track called Golden Air by Sun's Signature. It's Elizabeth Fraser from Cocteau Twins. Oh and some bloke called Steve Hackett playing guitar on it.......

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.