Posts by starscreamsrevenge

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply and information, that's a weight off my mind :)

I'd have hated to have brought a cheaper American set only for the DVDs not to work!!!

I'm not too bothered about the hybrid SACD or just regular CD, as I haven't go an SACD player so I'll only be listening in stereo anyway.

Slightly similar question to you or anyone, for the live "Black" boxset, do the DVD layers just contain the albums in 5.1, there's no interviews or other visual content on those discs?

Cheers

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is a question someone can answer easily!

Does anyone know what region the DVDs are for the Green 1970-1975 boxset? Are they Region 1, 2, 0, or does it depend on which country you buy them from?

I'm trying to buy a green boxset, and I don't know if it's cheaper to buy a full set, or buy the albums separately. The DVDs are as important as the SACD/CD layer for me, as I'm interested in the interviews for each album.

So, basically, if I brought one of the US sets for example, would that work on a UK DVD player?

Thanks for any help you can provide :)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

It's definitely interesting to try and find the date! I don't think it's worth getting into a heated debate about, it's just a bit of fun! :)

I've compared the version from "The Shorts" here...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

...to the 15th October gig below, and while Phil doesn't say the "Right, this is" and just says "this is", the performances I would say are indistinguishable from each other:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Obviously the mixes are going to sound different (Nick Davis would have mixed this song to fit in with the rest of The Shorts album, otherwise it would have stuck out like a sore thumb sonically!), but the high falsetto notes for the two performances TO ME are bang on one and the same :)

For arguments sake, was the 13th October night broadcast on the radio?

Keep up the investigation!!! :)

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I've got a question I'm sure someone on here can answer in 10 seconds!!! ^^

We all know the live version of "In Too Deep" from The Shorts live album comes from Los Angeles in 1986, but does anyone know which of the three dates from the LA Forum it actually comes from?

Just out of curiosity :)

If I'm not trying to do a "reimagined" album, I tend to put the b-sides after the record's proper tracklisting. So while I appreciate wanting Fading Lights to be the last thing, I would likely still put Hearts on Fire and On The Shoreline at the end of a playlist.

If you really don't want to do that, but also want to respect the original track listing, I'd suggest putting them in as a break in between the first and second halves of the album -- so in between Dreaming While You Sleep and Tell Me Why. Think of them like a little sorbet between the courses of the album.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, that's an interesting take I hadn't thought of.

I'll see how that sounds :)

Congratulations!

The remixes of all of the live albums sounded great, but especially Seconds Out!

Definitely! :)

I was always impressed with the original mix of "The Longs" and "The Shorts", but it's great having the songs in the concert order for the 2009 remix where they're both combined! :)

Just need to get the remix of "Three Sides Live" and I'm done!! Does that sound as good as these two out of interest?

I put On The Shoreline right in front of Fading Lights. I agree, Fading Lights is the perfect ending song, and I didn't want to interfere with that.

Hi Winston,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get an email saying you'd replied! :)

Ok that's interesting about "On The Shoreline", perhaps that is the best place for it.

How about "Hearts On Fire", where do you put that out of interest?

I'll keep an eye out on the thread this time ha ha!!!

I'll pop this question in here thanks to BackDrifter's help :)

Basically I've just discovered the EXCELLENT B-sides from the We Can't Dance singles "On The Shoreline" and "Hearts On Fire" thanks to the extra tracks from the Red boxset I got recently.

I'll make a playlist with these songs along with the rest of We Can't Dance so it's kind of in sequence.

My question is: Where should they go with the rest of the album's tracks?

I'm thinking after "Since I Lost You" but keep "Fading Lights" as the last song on the album. That should sound quite good, but I'm just curious if anyone thinks I should put them earlier in the album?

I'm interested in people's thoughts on this, should be interesting :)

Bit of a complicated thread title, but I'll explain better with more words!!! :)

Basically I've just discovered the EXCELLENT B-sides from the We Can't Dance singles "On The Shoreline" and "Hearts On Fire" thanks to the extra tracks from the Red boxset I got recently.

So I'll make a playlist with these songs along with the rest of We Can't Dance so it's kind of in sequence.

My question is: Where should they go with the rest of the album's tracks?

I'm thinking after "Since I Lost You" but keep "Fading Lights" as the last song on the album. That should sound quite good, but I'm just curious if anyone thinks I should put them earlier in the album?

I'm interested in people's thoughts on this, should be interesting :)

the older Encores where available shortly after the shows, approx. 3 weeks. But those were in physical formal. Nugs uses streams and downloads, so that’s not that time consuming to make it available.

But still there’s no sign we might get this for the European shows.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply on this....I understand how they work now.

A few years ago when more artists were releasing Soundboards of their gigs, they'd make them available immediately after the gig (a few of my Kiss soundboards from a few years ago are like this).

Peter obviously likes to mix them a little bit to make sure they're of optimum quality (which fits with what we know about his philosophy of sound! :), so I don't think the format (whether download or physical formats) are going to matter, he'll still want the gigs mixed a bit, so the wait I guess is understandable.

GREAT gig on Saturday night by the way, the musicianship on display was STELLAR :) :) What a great first gig of Peter's to see! :)

Just speculation on my part, but could Peter/his management be waiting to release the soundboards (in whatever format) after each leg of the tour has finished?

(so anytime after June 25th for the Europe/UK leg of the tour?)

Christian, when have the previous tour Encore Series discs been released, straight after a gig, or after a leg of a tour has finished?

All I know is, I'll be in Birmingham for tonight's gig, and I'd REALLY like a professional recording to buy as a souvenir!!! :) :)

Hi everyone,

So I'm gradually going to buy the Red, Green & Blue sets in various denominations (as cheap as I can find full sets, or buy the boxes and discs separately).

I'll buy Calling All Stations more for the 2007 interviews, but my main question is:

What mix of the album is better to listen to as a first listen, the original 1997 CD, or the 2007 CD?

I've never heard it and I'm interested to hear it, but I know that the 1991 CD (and vinyl) of We Can't Dance sounds MILES better than the 2007 mix from what samples I've heard online. I was just wondering if that is the same case here?

Maybe Nick Davis struggles to re-mix his own work?

I've added a poll too if that helps!!! :)

So, looks like no "Encore Series" CD at the moment (I was hoping someone on here was going to say "I brought one last night"). Let's hope that changes :)

I don't want to see any videos to spoil when I see Peter in Birmingham, but from the 5 songs he's released so far, can anyone tell me what "version" he's playing of them?

I've brought the "Bright Side Mix" of all 5 so far, are these the arrangements he played last night out of interest?

In regards to the setlist, I'm so glad Peter has (so far) released 5 of the 10 new songs he's playing from I/O. We've at least had some time to get into them,

I think it could have been a different story if he hadn't released anything. 10 brand new songs that no one had heard before....that could have been difficult to get through!!! :)

I'll ask this question in bold so that it stands out:

Was anyone who was at tonight's gig able to buy an "Encore Series" CD of tonight's show?

I know Peter was one of the last few artistes to sell soundboards of his gigs, but there's nothing on the Real World store (just the old gigs from 2003-2014).

I didn't know if anyone had heard anything?

I don't have either of these items, but my understanding is that with the exception of the 2015 RSD Spot The Pigeon reissue (for some reason) all releases after Davis remixed the catalogue were those versions. For instance, the 35th anniversary vinyl edition of Seconds Out. I'd be very surprised if they'd returned to the original mixes for these, but apologies I cannot say definitively.

Hi Phil (you're not that Phil are you?!! ^^)

Thanks for the basic info of how future releases after '08 should be.

I checked Tony Cousins' Discogs, and it links this Italian version and the Japanese '09 CD as one and the same thing in theory.

If anyone has this Italian 2011 release and could photograph the inside credits on who mixed and mastered it, I'd feel a LOT easier knowing I've brought the right version!

The '94 remasters seem quite common in Italy from some digging around I've done. I'd just like to get the definitive credit so I don't buy the '94 version twice!!!

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get a definitive answer on this, but it seems hard to come by on Google, so I thought someone on here would give me the answer in 10 seconds ha ha!!! ^^

I recently got the Japanese 2009 CD of "The Way We Walk" remixed by Nick Davis. Personally, I LOVE Nick's mixes, to me they always sound full and powerful.

I thought I'd try to get the 2009 "Seconds Out" next, but a bit cheaper price than the Japanese set goes for!

Here's my question after that bit of background:

After a bit of digging at discogs, I've seen there's an Italian "Definitive Edition" boxset or individual releases from 2011:

https://www.discogs.com/label/…The-Definitive-Collection

Can someone just clarify, is the "Seconds Out" from this series Nick Davis' 2009 mix?

https://www.discogs.com/release/4520713-Genesis-Seconds-Out

I think it is, as it says on discogs "mastered by Tony Cousins" (like the '09 Walk CD), but it doesn't mention if Nick mixed it. So I thought I'd better double check before I spend some money!

Thank you for any assistance :)