• I feel as if I've rather dominated the threads a bit this morning. I wanted to do the Genesis thread as it seemed to give a slightly different angle on the polls, I can't see the same information anywhere else but sorry if I have duplicated, please feel free to ignore/delete

Having posted it for Genesis I realised it would work just the same for solos so I've posted it in each thread, giving my own answers, except in the case of Mike and Ray, where I've uut it in for their followers, although I couldn't give a five favourites in their cases.

It came about after a conversation with a friend who is a huge Rush fan. I asked him for his favourite album and track and he thought for a minute and then said he couldn't answer as it was like asking him which was his favourite of his four children. I then realised why I always struggled to give the answer about favourite Genesis tracks, but that it was always easy to give five tracks that would always be in my top ten, even though the remaining five slots could change. Note, these are not my top five, but they would always be in my top ten.

• I’ve been I impressed with everyone’s thoughts and answers, fascinating. It seems a few prefer Mike’s earlier material although that’s not trie for everyone and it’s making me think I should explore the Mechanics a bit more. I’m glad to see some responses for Ray as well. It’s also refreshing to see quite a few like Steve’s middle period and not surprising to see few entries for the last few albums. I wonder if, like me, you’d have to play them to remind yourself which track was which, which is a shame. My New Year’s Resolution is to give them a good few spins and more of the attention I gave his earlier stuff, albeit at a very different time of life.