Genesis live shows bootlegs on amazon and elsewhere

• Hey

I am sure you are all aware that there are plently of Genesis live shows available to buy on CD on amazon and elsewhere. While I really do not understand the legal basis (why can they do that?), I wonder if there are some CDs out there you'd recommend to buy.

To give some examples what I am talking about:

Sao Paulo

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sao-Paulo-2Cd-Genesis/dp/B0BZWV2WYM

London

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Getting-Tune-2CD-Genesis/dp/B0C9MJZ8GJ

Any recommendations are welcome!

thx!

• They're alright but the ones I have are no better than the boots available for free on the Genesis Movement torrent site. If I were you, I'd save my money and go there, subject to two exceptions: The Shrine 1975 and LA Forum 1986, which until now were only ever available in MP3 streaming format online.

The Amazon CD version of the Shrine is the full show without the truly awful overdubs that resulted in the official release some years back, and as a full show it beats the numerous radio broadcast versions of The Shrine which only ran to about 45 mins. That said, the full unedited show is pretty rough round the edges in terms of performance and I can see why the band didn't release it like that. I've listened to dozens of Lamb shows and their performances were frequently patchy until the latter stages of the tour.

The LA Forum CD is a soundboard recording from a different night to the King Biscuit Flower Hour version that was used for many bootleg releases. It's good for completists but for me the early IT shows were all about the In The Cage medley that included final third of Supper's Ready, and this version of the medley isn't quite as good as the KBFH version (to my ears anyway). So it's a nice to have but I've only listened to it once.

Elsewhere I bought the Amazon CD versions of Nassau 81 (the Three Sides Live material), Chicago 78, Pittsburgh 76 (or was it Cleveland, I'd need to check) and (I think) Zurich 77. The best bootleg versions of these shows are as good as or better than the paid versions, so I would take some convincing to spend out on more.