Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• I saw this movie on the 30th and I much enjoyed it. Overall, I've really, really loved the sequel trilogy and I actually prefer it to the original trilogy although I of course love that as well. I think that the original Star Wars if my favourite original trilogy movie because of its sheer, sweet simplicity. It was the first one and it constructs a magical space fantasy world right before your very eyes. The movies Rogue One and Solo I also enjoy although they have their faults.

As for the prequels... I really, really dislike them now, to the point where I cannot even watch them anymore. If you guys remember back on the old forum, I watched all these movies in order on DVD, from 1 to 7 (and then 8 when it was released in late 2017) and at the time I tried desperately to defend the prequels but I cannot after multiple rewatches of the other, better, movies. They are completely, irreparably broken in comparison to me.

I will admit that the Rise of Skywalker is kind of corny at times and runs out of steam towards of the end but I still found it very visually impressive, appropriately dark and epic, and satisfyingly aggressive in its action. I just wish its climax were a bit less silly. It gets an 8/10 from me although I can't give it a score higher than that.

My ranking of the Star Wars movies is (from best to worst): The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, The Rise of Skywalker, Solo, Return of the Jedi, Rogue One, The Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith, Attack of the Clones.